SR20 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading some of the post on this boards regarding car comparison, mainly, the V-Spec and WRX, and now the RSX. I know that everyone will bias towards a certain car, no matter what, but some of the things i've heard is just plain stupid. Let's talk about the SE-R and WRX. I've heard things like "it's not worth the money for a WRX when you can spend 5 grand less and slap on a turbo on a V-Spec and eat the WRX". You are an idiot if you are going to do that. First of all, you don't buy a brand new car and instantly void your warranty by slapping on a turbo. If you do that, you are just plain stupid.You will think it's cool and make you fast, but when it all comes down to it, you won't do it. You lose warranty, and that is a big factor, because chances are, you WILL blow something and no one buys a brand new car only to have it break. In the end, you paid less, but you also get less of a car. The WRX may cost 5grand more, but you get A LOT more, everything warranted.

"For that kinda money, I'd rather wait for the EVO IV"
Please do some research. A brand new WRX costs $25k . A brand new EVO is estimated to cost $30k. A brand new STi is estimated to cost $30k . If you rather spend the extra 5k to get a EVO, then your arguement that you would not spend the extra 5k over a V-SPEC to get WRX is completely stupid. There's no arguement here.

"I've test drove a WRX and i'm not impressed, the V-SPEC handles better" . Well guess what buddy, you have NOT test drove a V-SPEC yourself, have you ? How can you even make this arguement without testing both cars yourself. If the only thing you read is from an article, you'll notice both articles will complement both cars, so that is not a valid arguement. And trust me, the WRX handles great.

"The WRX is butt ugly, the V-SPEC is lovely" . A Ferrari is beautiful, a McLaren is gorgeous. WRX, Sentra or any other char in that catagory is all ugly. It's all up in your head. If you own a sentra, you will say a sentra is gorgeous, no matter how ugly it is. Sit back and think for a moment, if you didn't own a classic SE-R, do you REALLY REALLY think that car is beautiful ? And if you do own a classic and say the WRX is ugly while your sentra is nice looking, then you are delusional.

Flame on

·
Registered
513 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rubik:
...."I've test drove a WRX and i'm not impressed, the V-SPEC handles better" . Well guess what buddy, you have NOT test drove a V-SPEC yourself, have you ? How can you even make this arguement without testing both cars yourself......
</font>
Ummm, wasn't the person that wrote this Mr. Kojima? That would mean that he has driven a VSpec on a track and can be a very reliable source. SO, he has every reason to make this arguement.

You could go either way with this argument. Personally, I think I'd rather have an RSX before a WRX. But, it is very true that many people will be totally willing to throw turbos on their SER's, despite warranty. Or at least once they are past the 30k initial. If people weren't going to do this, explain how I see reasonably new Civics and Integras with turbos?

But, to each their own.....

------------------
Kevin
93 Ruby Pearl Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

[This message has been edited by kpw97 (edited 07-10-2001).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, let's say you slap on a turbo. What do you think the entire cost of the turbo set up is going to be , including exhuast system and ECU tunning and all of that ? Thing is, you're going to spend that extra 4-5k to bolt on a turbo to keep up with the WRX. Let's just say you have now spend the same amount of money as a wrx owner (minus your warranty of course) and have pretty much maxed out your turbo . A WRX now only needs to spend $25 on a manual boost controller to regain that edge again. What is the Sentra going to do now ? Spend another grand on NOS ? At this point, the Sentra is probably at the very very edge of exploding the engine.

·
El Chingon
892 Posts

Guys, don't feed the trolls.....

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

[This message has been edited by nsracer (edited 07-10-2001).]

·
Registered
404 Posts
This topic sucks!!!

It's all about NISSAN..it doesn't matter what kind of car you get..if you have the $$$$ and know how..you can build one of the fastest cars around!!!!

------------------
92'xe/w-Primera swap
NOS fed now!!!:D

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Um.. I've driven and raced the WRX and it's not that great of a car.

I would only buy a WRX wagon for snowboarding, but I'm not that rich so I spend my money on gear and drive a beater into the mountians.

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok Scarpa, perharps you have a high level of expection for cars. Since you have driven and raced a WRX and it's not that great of a car, what is ?

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Dude, no one gives a **** what a good car is. Yea, we could say the NSX, 300ZX, GT-R, S2000, etc. are all good cars, right? But why the **** do we have to? To please your troll ass? **** off retard. This is our board and the reason we're here is to talk about OUR cars and the things we like about them. If we wanna praise a certain car, let us. We already know the SE-R is not god (we've verified this
), but we really enjoy our cars and enjoy modding and driving them. If we wanna dis a certain car... LET US! IT'S OUR ****ING BOARD!! We don't go onto ClubSi, or VWVortex, or the XZ2 site and talk **** to them for praising their car and dissing our car (well, at least not everyone does). So if you're gonna contribute in a positive manner, cool, you're MORE than welcome to stay. But if you're gonna continue to be a troll, get the **** out of here because our board does fine without trolls.

------------------
David

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hey who said the sr20 insn't God..ok..ok, it's not God but as far as Engines go the SR series are the ultimate...my .02

------------------
92'xe/w-Primera swap
NOS fed now!!!:D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Go to a WRX forum.(But I suspect you are already a member) You seem to be complimenting that car enough...

nsracer.. It's Buddy Christ! Don't shame the name. (just kidding, that was a good flick)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
While i do agree with nsracer (minus all the colorful language), i must say this. I HAVE driven the WRX. No not raced but, definitely got my adrenaline pumping. Every make and model is designed to capture the likes of certain people. The SE-R is a much smoother driving car, but someone might want the gritty feel that Subarus provide. The fact remains, you have an opinion Rubik, fine. We heard it, but don't expect us to change ours thoughts or somehow alter the way we percieve other rides. Again, contribute, don't criticize. BTW, what do you own?

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
Hey Rubik Retard,

This is the General SR20DE Forum, not the Off Topic Forum. I'm sure you'll learn how to organize your topics once you go to college, but we all understand because we have to deal with uneducated retards in our forums all the time.

So let me recap some rules here for you:

Engine Questions: General SR20DE Forum. The next three forums are self explanatory. Everything that you seem to be talking about belongs in the Off Topic Forum. Finally, the last two forums should be self explanatory, too.

If you need any help understanding what I've identified as self explanatory, please post your query in the Off Topic Forum and someone will help direct you and teach you how to organize your topics.

Sincerely,
Prof. J

[This message has been edited by Jason92Classic (edited 07-10-2001).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jason92Classic,
Let me see here, I suppose that anyone who ever post a message on a wrong board is called a retard ? Is that right ? If i posted on the wrong board, then fine, but don't expect me to sit here and watch you flame me, you moronic ape.

It's ashame, the topic of this post was about cars and you just HAD to post something off topic. If you have nothing to contribute to the thread, then shut up. If this is in the wrong messageboard, the moderators will move it.

[This message has been edited by Rubik (edited 07-10-2001).]

·
Registered
404 Posts
WTF...it's all good that Rubic had a classic and now drives a WRX, so you don't have an sr20 anymore...what the [email protected]*k are you doing here, go praise your car somewhere else
over here it's ALL ABOUT NISSAN AND THE SR20, so your barking up the wrong tree. You will get burned over here.........

------------------
92'XE/w-Primera swap
NOS fed now!!!

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
THE FOLLOWING PICTURES AND/OR IMAGES ARE ALL DIRECTED TOWARDS RUBIK:

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies....in need of a JWT ECU

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
LOL!! Jordan, you and I spend way too much time over at ClubSi! LOL! Go check my post to this troll in the Off Topic forum

------------------
David

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
scarpa was right. not all mods will void a warranty, i used to sell nissan in san diego. besides, any true grease monkey wouldn't worry about that. if you want to go faster and handle better your gonna have to bend the rules. jason, you're right, he should have taken this to the correct forum. perhaps all the TRUE SE-R enthusiasts will not lose sleep over Rubik posting this in the wrong area, or even posting it at all.

----------------------------
we are sr20 owners, we're cocked, locked and ready to rock!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Man, you could buy a metro, and build it up to stomp any car out there. I also think im going to stick to my pretty little, heavy ass, slow as ****, (but I have raced a new Suby, and almost won
but I have a very bad slipping clutch) And will pass up the new age looking Neon any day.

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

[This message has been edited by kbslacker (edited 07-10-2001).]

·
Registered
756 Posts
Usually when I see 25+ posts on a single topic, I think that its a few days old.. But wow, this one made it in just one day.

The WRX is such a great car anyways. What other car can you buy and the turbo seize up before you drive off the lot? You could say I'm making it up, but I'm not. Go check the WRX forums and see all the problems those guys are having.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.