SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am wanting a new SE-R Spec V in the worst way, however it seems like from what I've read that QR25DE engine may not be as racy as the SR20DE. Should I wait for the SE-R, or should I just buy an SE? Also, does anyone know when the SE-R's will be available? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Well, since VERY few people have driven the new SE-R's then it's kinda hard to compare apples w/ apples. the obvious advantage w/ the specv is it starts out at 180 hp. who knows, within the following few years there might be several mods available. i spoke with a few friends at my old job, Mossy Nissan of El Cajon, and they said it wouldn't be available until fall. they couldn't gimme a real date though. that was back in Feb.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I would wait. The Spec V has a nice LSD. I'm know people will get power out of th QR25, but you might not be able to run 350hp as you can with the SR20.
Unless you have plans to build a drag only car (and you probably don't since you are buying a new car), just wait until the Spec V comes out and drive it. Then decide.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Don't get the new SE if you can get the SE-R. It's only 145hp. Yes its the SR20DE, but cmon, the QR25DE has alot more displacement and another 40 horsepower. Wait till it comes out so you can at least test drive it. I am still contemplating trading in my 98 SE for it.

------------------
Stormy
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies
www.WhiteLineRacing.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts