SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody use this at all. it supposed to clean ur intake manifold and makes your car run better. ( should be 02 and everything safe it states) just seeing if anybody use it yet and benefit from it before i do. ty

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
I have been present while people used it. It can blow a bunch of crap through the exhaust that can clog the Cat. Other than that, it seemed to clean it up well.

·
4th sr20 and counting..
2,949 Posts
the celica guys like it, ive never bothered thou...

·
Very bling bling
1,905 Posts
ive used it. worked fine for me. make a spyhunter smoke screen for a few minutes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sea Foam dates back to when carburetors were the norm. They do have a very mature formula, but it's actually a bit aggressive on a fuel injection system IMO. Better off having a shop run some 3M (or similar) cleaner through the pressure test port on the rail, works better than anything. If you really want to use the Sea Foam you can run it through they gas, or suck it in through any line that will feed into all four holes, a vacuum line on the manifold works well. It does make a smoke screen though. I've actually done that on my 1.6 when it was running funny, it cleared it up but also tripped an 02 code on the #1 sensor. Best of luck to you.

-glahti

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
I wouldn't put it in the fuel, just suck it in a vac line.

X2, i poured about 1/3 of the can in thru the brake booster hose and let it sit for about 5 mins. , i started it up and didn't rev it, let it sit at idle and then after a lil while started to rev it up to about 3k and saw clouds of smoke pour outta the exhaust ( i have no kitty CAT ) , after it went away the idle felt pretty solid and i noticed a lil bit better fuel economy.....maybe placebo, maybe not either way its cool

1 - 8 of 8 Posts