SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has got to be the dorkiest post ever, but I am REALLY needing help... since I got my NX a year ago, the #*$^&*#&* passenger seat has been stuck all the way back. I have spent hours trying to get it to unlatch so I can haul more than two people, or more stuff, but nothing works. When the seat is all the way back, you can't get to the bolts, so I can't pull it to try and get it unstuck. Anyway, those of you that have pulled your seat in the past, any ideas?? Has this EVER happened to anybody else?? I can reach underneath and completely unhook the latching mechanism, but it stays- I think something is probably lodged in the inside track..... AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! It's goin' to drive me nuts!!!!!!!

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Start looking around on the track and stuff. And make sure the little arm is unlocking from the mechinism. My samurai's seat track got bent in a wreck and was impossible to move just about. What I had to do is have someone pull the lever up while I pushed from the back. First look to make sure everything iw working right then try pushing harder

·
Registered
466 Posts
I can answer this one. This has happend to me twice in my '96. I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but if I have any change in pockets, when I get in my car, all of it drops out on the floor. This only happens when I have khaki pants on. Twice I have had a dime fall out of my right pocket, and get stuck in the seat track. I had to remove the seat and pry it out. The seat out be stuck in whatever position it was in. I would check that. Also check the wire that connects the two sides. Sometimes this can come off and cause the seat not to move. That's not a dweeby post by the way, its a valid question. Now a post asking how to get power from a GA16i is a dweeby post.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey nxdude, that has happened to me but i havent gotten around to pulling the seat out, it is all the way back and it wont come loose! people hated getting in the back of my car anyways now they hate it more

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
haha mine was the same when I bought it, but the guy who sold it to me told me exactly what it was, there is a dime stuck in the track like Eric said. You either have to be really creative to get at the bolts or try to figure out where the coin is stuck in the track and fish it out that way. I think I just pulled the seat out to get at it, I don't really remember.

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
I had the same problem with some coins stuck in the track I just ended up pushing as hard as I could with my legs wile siting in the back seat to free it... what a head ake it was to fix it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys!!! At least I know someone else has had the $%^$&$^&%^$ seat freeze up- as soon as I get home I'll try once again to get it unstuck, but at least I have an idea of where to start! I'm in Southern California on vacation, and had to log on to see what was up... California is COOL!!! MAN I'VE SEEN A BUTTLOAD of Honda's and Acura's!!! I have yet to see any cool SE-R's or NX's, but we are going to LA soon and I hope to see a few there... this site has helped me a lot, and I appreciate everybody's responses, this site is becoming WAAAYYY too addictive, I think we need to form a support group or something... anyway I better run, gotta go see more cool cars (and scenery....for the wife...) LATER.........
NXDUDE in California-REALLY Wanting a new paint job, wheels, and other cool mods...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had the same problem after my 6' 10" friend was riding in my car and felt he had to jam the seat back. All I did was pull up on the side latch...the one that makes the seat bend foward or backwards (it also makes the seat slide fowards when you pull it)and i got behind the seat and i kicked the crap out of it while pulling up on the latch. 5 mule kicks later it was unlodged and has been great since.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i just pulled my seat out yesterday, and there was every coin except for quarter in there. they were all warped but i got them out with some needle nosed pliers, it works great now!

------------------
92 NX2000, pop charger, 2.25" cat-back exhaust with Naxos muffler,JDM intake manifold, MSD 6A with master blaster 2 coil, 50-75 shot nos, and 17" enkei suzuka's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts