SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must say "Seeing is believing" and I finally met up with Doug after meeting Andreas Miko and Danny. These guys are all straight up people and have a good engine tuner in their corner. Anyway, I went to Andreas place to check out this car he had there and it belong to Doug "dougnosser". Doug gave me a couple of test rides and I witnessed with my own eyes
the tach climbing past 8500 rpms with every shift. I must admit that his car felt plenty strong and did not run into any pesky rev limiter. I just had to voice my opinion on this matter.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like I said, he was shifting past 8500 rpm and his car is a 98'. How off could his tach be....maybe 400 rpm but it is still in the over 8000 rpm area. They have questioned his ECU several times and I must admit that that he does not have the JWT set 7800 rpm rev limiter. I must also add that when i hit rev limiter in my 96' SE-R w/ plenty of bolt-ons but no ECU my tach reads about 7200 or maybe a hair more but that is it. I was there and i saw

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rick:
I must also add that when i hit rev limiter in my 96' SE-R w/ plenty of bolt-ons but no ECU my tach reads about 7200 or maybe a hair more but that is it. I was there and i saw
</font>
My 98 reads about 7300 when it cuts. With the ECU it should look over 8000.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My friend rev his civic to 8,500 rpm but ended up with a engine replacement.....................................

------------------
Nelson
"What is a G20 stands for?" G-spot 20x.........

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Stormy,

Those guys are CLOSE with JWT, the ones that have some weird top secret cams and have gotten JWT to raise the rev limiter to way up near 9k. These guys are hardcore, according to what I have read.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO and crashed 93 NX2000

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
I am sad to say I know nothing about SE-Rs I have never owned an SE-R or have ever worked on an SE-R I have never even driven an SE-R. Running 60' 2.022
330 5.853
1/8 9.057
MPH 76.65
1000 11.854
1/4 14.204
MPH 96.49 NA

Running 60' 1.775
330 5.106
1/8 7.648
MPH 91.32
1000 9.976
1/4 11.941
MPH 114.15 NOS Stock Head and Bottom
cams, header,exhaust,cold
induction, bored MAF etc.

Turbo race car 9.98 1/4 mile, 3/4 track pass
by the way the RPM limiter was at 9000 RPM but I guess the Autometer guage was off also.
AH WELL...

Yours truly
The Bullshit Artist Andreas Miko
AKA That Lying Mother ****er

[This message has been edited by Andreas Miko (edited 06-07-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rofl.gif That was pretty funny Dre but Doug needs to come out and say something.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The tach must be off but you never know unless you have something hooked up directly to the ECU in a digital format. I have my Apexi Rev/Speed Meter hooked up and I find the tach to be off by nearly 400 rpm. When I do race and take my rpm up to 7800 its not really accurate. Storm just believe it for now and when you get the JWT ECU you will know for your self. Till then just go along with the story. And I bet that car is a beast with those numbers.

------------------
Peter M.
AIM=NyceP26
97 200SX SER....now with HS Gen 4 Headers

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
Take a short video of the tach inside the car going to redline and I'll believe it</font>
THE MAN BUILT THE WORLDS FASTEST SE-R WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?
Andreas you're the man. I witnessed your cars before. I know you don't have $hit to prove to some kid.

------------------
96 se-r with a few goodies

·
Registered
270 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Matt4Nissan:
THE MAN BUILT THE WORLDS FASTEST SE-R WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?
Andreas you're the man. I witnessed your cars before. I know you don't have $hit to prove to some kid.

</font>
I've got to agree with him, Andreas is the man. Plus I've been in Doug's car many of times and witnessed him take his car to 8500+ rpms. He just purchased a video camera not too long ago so we will go ahead and video tape that for you guys.

------------------
k&n filter,g3 hs headers, no cat,greddy,fpr,jwt motormounts,54mmAFM,stage3 clutch,jwt flywheel,jwt s3 cams,aerospeed springs,konig tuners, 15.1 @ 91.6, no LSD

·
Registered
270 Posts
Also which I forgot to add, I'm having the privilge of Andreas(AKA That Lying Mother ****er) building me a custom turbo kit for my sweet se-r. I can't wait
. YOU'RE THE MAN DRE!!!!!!!

------------------
k&n filter,g3 hs headers, no cat,greddy,fpr,jwt motormounts,54mmAFM,stage3 clutch,jwt flywheel,jwt s3 cams,aerospeed springs,konig tuners, 15.1 @ 91.6, no LSD

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
They must have changed the board to 64mhz because a 32mhz processor speed cannot spin that fast. I believe I have this right if I am remembering the conversation Jay and I had about this.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SER
advanced timing,custom 2.5" catback exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys, ES shifter Bushing, Hotshot Header, Hotshot CAI

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R
JWT Intake and ECU
2 1/4 Exhaust
Now equipped with competion racing MOMO floormats!!!$

[This message has been edited by Johnny GreenBack (edited 06-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Johnny GreenBack (edited 06-07-2001).]

·
Registered
94 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Andreas Miko:

330 5.853
1/8 9.057
MPH 76.65
1000 11.854
1/4 14.204
MPH 96.49 NA
</font>
Wicked top-end...

Sure, I personally have no problem believing that Doug's SE-R revs to 8,500 RPM. Why is that hard to believe? If he has the valve springs, and a custom-programmed JWT ECU, sure, it's possible.

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
I have to agree with the guys here Stormy. Andreas is probrably one of the biggest contributers/coolest people in the SE-R world. I dunno why you question him... Actually, now that I think of it, you have been jumping down on a lot of people lately. I hope you never decide to go turbo, b/c if you do and you wanna build up a custom kit then Andreas is probrably one of the best guys to talk to... Im currently buying lots of parts from him for my build up. Thanks "That Lying Mother ****er"!

------------------
Greg Taylor
96 SE-R w/ stuff
"Walk tall and carry a big stick..."

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't see why you guys can't belive it. If JWT can change the computer to 8000 rev limiter why can't he set it to whatever he wants (or in this case what Andreas wants him to do). Andreas can run his cars like this because he knows what he is doing, you can't just do this to any SE-R, there is a reason behind doing this.
Anybody who runs the same time as Doug or even a little lower (still in the 14's) should bring thier car and race him, i'll bet he'll kick your ass. Stop bieng so stupid guys!!!! Yes tacks have errors but this is not the case here because it is something setup in the ECU programming, not an error on the tach. I wouldn't video tape ****, if you don't believe then too bad, come down so you can see for yourself so you can feel like an ass afterwards!!!
Yes, "The Lying Mother ****er" built my nitrous and turbo SE-R's and has helped just about all of the big boys with thier cars. He has impressed me many times, including doing the worlds fastest SE-R without even trying hard.
Thanks, "Lying Mother ****er".

[This message has been edited by Rom7eo (edited 06-07-2001).]

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Yeah Andreas is full of ****...

[This message has been edited by Matt4Nissan (edited 06-07-2001).]

1 - 20 of 76 Posts