SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gpser96 and I dynoed our cars last night at Autothority. The charts are available here:

http://www.hmp.net/slowse-r/pat_dyno.jpg
http://www.hmp.net/slowse-r/george_dyno.jpg

To sum up, my car ('93 Sentra SE-R) made 150 hp at 7500 rpm, 126-ish foot-lbs of torque around 5000 rpm. gpser96's car ('96 200SX SE-R) made 141 hp at 6500 rpm, and about the same torque as my car.

It's kind of interesting to compare the charts. From 5000-6000, our cars are pretty similar. My car makes 2 more hp at 5000, George's makes 1 more at 5500, my car makes 1 more at 6000. Then gpser96's peaks at 6500 rpm while my car climbs all the way to 7500 (I forgot to tell the guy doing the dyno that my car had a 7700 rev limter, so he didn't take it to fuel cut). Also the hp and torque paths cross at EXACTLY the same spot on each car.

We both have practically the same mods: JWT ECU, Unorthodox Racing underdrive pulleys, Place Racing CAI. The only differences are that gpser96 has a 3rd-generation Hotshot header while I have a 2nd-gen, and gpser96 has some riceboy exhaust with a big tip (can't remember what kind), while I have a Dynomax Ultra Flo with sniper-rifle tip.
Oh and of course the major difference is that he has a low-port SR20 head while I have a high port.

It was pretty cool watching this whole process. My car sounded freakin' awesome at 7500 rpm, and the header started to glow orange.

Description of the dyno is at http://www.autothority.com/pr/dyno.html.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I was curious to see what both your cars did too. With my '96, I have 142hp and 128ft-lbs at the wheels. I have seen other cars with similar mods have more torque but less hp. Since I dyno my car on a DynoJet and the one you used was a Taylor chassis dyno, the numbers can not be compared. Maybe at the convention, I will put my car on their dyno and see what the numbers are.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I think the SR20s should fall off after 6500-6700rpms. I see no fall off on Pats car at all, and i noticed the dyno air hose was disconnected during Pats run after 6000, so i think maybe the results above 6000 or so maybe a little scewed. Every SR20 dyno graph i have seen shows a little tapering off at higher than 7000 or so i am convinced somethings a little wierd there. I was happy my car pulled that hard and only lost 8 hp from power peak to 7500 and matched Pat's car up until about 7000 or so. Mine too will pull to 7700 but the dyno guy didn't want to run it up there either. Funny thing is last time Pat and i raced, i pulled on every shift until i had about a fender on his car...very puzzling..:-/

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
No, you will all bow down to ME!!!!

Before turbo, after turbo. BWAHAHAHA!!!

And there is 30hp and ~20ft-lbs to be gained with a real exhaust as well. And that's still at STOCK BOOST!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dyno problems???? .... Street racing???? .... you just can't admit my car is BAD ASS!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Ok EVERYONE i am bowing down to Pat G...'s mighty dyno run that would have ended in 200 wheels horsepower
His car is bad ass and i am just jealous..I feel much better..!!

G

·
0 Posts
U gonna bow down and start the head work for all the parts U got from me biotch. Bwwwhahaha. I expect it good.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I might be getting my car dynoed on the 16th so watch what you say ben. you might be putting your foot in your mouth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts