SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
R.I.P. faithful GA. We hardly knew ye.

Here is what happens when people ignore stop signs.

I'm on my way to work going down a busy street when this woman in an Oldsmobile Alero ignores her stop sign and just drives right into the intersection. She tried to turn left onto one of the busiest streets in the city as if there was no traffic at all. What's worse is she actually had the deer in the headlights thing like she just made a huge mistake and now she has no idea what she should do. I had no time or space, less than a second to react. I hit the brakes (AD22VF no less) and had absolutlely nowhere to go. I t-boned her good too, right in the center of mass. It was a good enough impact to shoot my tape into the tape player. Tears for Fears was playing when I got out of the car and I couldn't figure out why. In the split second that I had to hit the brakes I remember thinking "I can't believe this is going to happen". I've put so much into this car, it's factory perfect (it WAS) and has just 55000 miles on it. Anyways, nobody was hurt. As for the Sentra VS Oldmobile thing, her car had to be towed away. My little Sentra drove the rest of the way to work. Tough little bastard. Now I wonder if I should go all JDM with it if the front clip is badly damaged.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It's my first accident ever, hooray for me! For what it's worth it's not an SE-R, but it still hurts.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tears for Fears on tape and 55,000 miles. That's fully O.G. :biggthump

Nice Classic. I hope it's an easy fix.
Not only that, it's a mix tape! It's the newest thing:rofl: !

Well, looks like it is fixable (barely). The insurance company found the other driver fully at fault and is waiving my deductable. Now I just need to find a JDM (or 4 fog MDM bumper) so I can take advantage of the fact that they need to fix the front end. In a pinch I'll settle for the Xenon lip:D . Maybe there's a bright side to this after all.

·
Yes Dear.
2,503 Posts
maybe the motor fell off and you can have them replace it with a de even better... ve

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got the word from the shop. Extensive frame damage. Will likely be totalled. I don't think the insurance company will give me more than 4k for the writeoff. What the hell am I going to do with:

2 Sunny 4 fog bumpers
Sunny sideskirts
B14 SE-R Wheels
Foltz edition CSK's (unused)
AD22VF
GA Hotshot Header
A host of other goodies I have to remove before those vultures get my car

What should I do? Should I try to find a good, cheap high mileage GA (that's all Sentra's got in Canada) and swap in a DE or VE later? I sure as hell won't find another mint condition 80,000 km Sentra for the money the insurance Co will pay. Maybe I should just sell all my stuff and get out of the game?

·
broke, busted and rusted
2,095 Posts
If you are willing to put some more effort into it, you should fix it. I had the same thing happen to my NX, low speed front end collision with damage similar to yours.
Hunt down new body panels. Have a shop pull the frame if its bad and put it back together. It will be cheaper in the long run than buying a new car.

Without paint I got my car back together for a little over 500.

I could not have done it without this forum.
I got headlights, frontbumper, lower chin spoiler, driverside fender, new headlights and new mounting hardware.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No way I get this car up again. It doesn't look like much but my reflex made me turn the wheel before impact so the frame rail in front is bent toward the left. The initial estimate from the body shop was in excess of $5000 to repair the damage and even then the guy said the car will never be the same. Even if I find some fly-by-night shop that can do it cheap it'll still be above 2K and who knows what kind of result I'd get. I think the most the insurance co. will pay for repair is around $1800. God, I WISH I could repair this for $500 :( Maybe NX front ends are tougher than Sentras?

·
Nism0 SE-R
370 Posts
i feel ya man ...i wrecked my mint 92 se-r last wednesday...dude infront of me slammed his brakes on in the middle of an open street...it was raining. needless to say my brakes locked up and i slide up under him...his car was perfectly fine...mine came out a little more injured...ill post picks when the car is back home (its 3 hours away...had to leave it at my aunts where i wrecked)

btw ill buy the sunny bumper and the wheels...and a driver's side headlight and corner light if you got them...just trying to help a fellow b13 owner out in his time of need =]

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This has turned into an R.I.P. thread for now. As for all the goodies, I'll put up a for sale thread next week if there is no hope to revive the project. Thanks to anyone who PMed.

·
broke, busted and rusted
2,095 Posts
Sorry to hear that man, I hate seeing another B13 go down. There arent too many clean ones left out there.

·
Nism0 SE-R
370 Posts
they wont give that much for his car..i doubt..like i said..wrecked mine last week..it was in near perfect condition...only got 1100 for it...

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The only thing to my advantage is that they actually go by "fair market value", not the blue book. They have a database of all the Sentras similar to mine that have sold and how much they sold for. The body guy says they have to give me the amount it would have sold for in the current market for the province of BC. I've never seen an 80,000 km car go for less than 4K (in BC at least).

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
in florida when my sis wrecked her 92(4door) i think they(allstate insurance) gave her like 2800 or sime thing around there if not more and hers looked like **** and had over 100k on the clock, i guess it depends what kind of insurance the lady has

none the less glad 2 hard your ok

this really sucks because im lookin at the pics again and the car doesnt look that bad

·
SR20DEviant
2,131 Posts
Damn man, that really sucks. I'd hate to have invested time in a car and see it go out by negligence... and it wasn't even YOURS. Other people are the most dangerous thing on the road. Hopefully the frame isn't bent up and it's just cosmetic.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sorry to hear it bud. Even with frame pulling, cars are neve the same- as the body guy said. =(

... I'd be glad to buy the b14 wheels off of you in funding your next buy though. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts