SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heres my 94 coupe, just got the 3 liter in it 3 months ago now and ive been daily driving it sense. Tinkered around with a month or so on the weekends. Was a bit of work but all and all wasnt to bad. All my swap parts came out of a 99 maxima 5 speed. Except the front axles,spindles and clutch pedal i got out of a 02 sentra se-r. Car was originally an automatic, so i also had to swap that over to manual, but its probably the sixth time ive swap a b13/b14 over so it was pretty simple. Also using the hydraulic setup as well. Shift linkage is out of the maxima all bolted up in place , just had to cup about an inch off the middle of the linkage to shorten if up and welded back together. for motor/ tranny mounts i set it in and welded up my driver and passenger side mounts in first to get the drivetrain sitting straight and level. Just used some plate and cut her up with the plasma cutter to do the mounts. Used the stock b13 cross member and maxima mounts welded them to the crossmember. All the mounts have held together fine and also just recently put in some polyurethane front and rear mounts. Wiring looked to be a nightmare at first but after going throught the diagrams it made it much simpler. Just used my maxima engine harness and found all the powers to it and simply wired a fuse and relay to the main ecu powers. Found all my gauge wires on the engine harness and traced them from the gauge cluster to body harness. Working speedo, oil pressure light and temp gauge, no tach yet sense its a base cluster.

I was very impressed with how she runs, picks up speed very quick, and sounds excellent, has no problem standing still and spinning right in to third.
Recently put a Fidenza flywheel and a new clutch, has ebay headers and a old fart cant on it with a 2.5" exhaust and no cat. Have road magnet coils coming and plan to put a 3.5 in her over the winter. Any questions feel free to ask.

Heres a link to an online photo album of the swap, and a video of her first rip down the road with open headers
https://picasaweb.google.com/111594680189775772361/August132012

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
I have to say, this is a swap that I haven't heard of before! Love this, any pics of the build up?

Brent

·
Welcome to my world
47 Posts
Was wondering what took so long for someone to do this swap. Especially with the availability of those engines state side. Nice project man

·
Reppin' Inskip Nissan!
213 Posts
pretty sick bro cant wait to see the vq35 in it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts