SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good weekend for Sentras at the National tour in Bremerton, WA. SE-Rs took 1st and 3rd in E-stock, and 5th out of 12 in Street Mod.

http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/nat_tour/2001/bremerton/results.html

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
The SE-R in SM was Steve Attwood. He was the one who drove all the way to DC for the convention. He has a "Kojima" motor (aka 11:1 compression). He's a nice guy too. COngrats to all SE-R finishers.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
RE-F/ING-TIRED:)
1,318 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by eric96ser:
The SE-R in SM was Steve Attwood. He was the one who drove all the way to DC for the convention. He's a nice guy too.
</font>
..and known locally as "the spin meister" ;-)

Ric

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
Awesome! It's good to see a SE-R is competitive in street mod. I'll soon start competing in that class once my SCCA registration goes through.

------------------
Antonio Garcia
91 SE-R w/ lots of stuff
Bay Area, CA

·
VE powered
556 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Teal97:

..and known locally as "the spin meister" ;-)

</font>
I only seem to spin when you're around, Ric. ;-)

Actually, I needed to take off nearly one second on my last run to finish in the trophies, so I ended up overdriving a bit.

As for the "kojima motor"... well, I wouldn't be so sure. It has head work and increased compression from different pistons but it is only putting down 150hp/138 lb-ft at the wheels.

Ric, are you going to make the autox in Everett on Sunday? It's an "enduro" style event where you take all three "laps" at once without stopping. Sounds fun.

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts