SR20 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Turbo Grocery Getter
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didnt want to do this but i have to post some bad things about SERCHEF. When his motor blew last september i have him my old engine for free at the time cause he didnt have money, but he was supposed to pay me $150 (dirt cheap) for the thing when he got a chance. Now 6 months later, after many excuses, i still have not seen a dime and i see him posting about new rims that he is gonna buy. I didnt want to be a dick about this, and have given him plenty of chances, but i really think this is taking advantage of me helping him out.

nathan

·
91 SER Richmond, VA
888 Posts
He owes my friend jon 330 bucks for an hks exhaust and hs header...He supposedly "sent" the money in the mail via money order and it got cashed at jons bank, but uh...Jon isnt the type of person to lie about that ****. And if he did use a money order, can we see the stub so we can track it ourselves?? This is what we get for helping out a friend...

-Mike

·
Turbo Grocery Getter
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SR20 in the 200 said:
now thats just not cool. take a road trip....or maybe a boat trip in your case...
Unfortunately i cant even fly to maui and back for $150 so it isnt worth going to florida or wherever he is not to get the money. It just kinda sucks, i was cutting him a serious deal anyways. I put down a solid 14.9 on street tires with that motor, bolt-ons only. $150 was already a steal.

nathan

·
My Ass, your face
2,431 Posts
When's the last time any of you have had contact with him? This doesn't include you, Mike, since he doesn't owe you any money. Let Jon speak for himself.

I only ask because I've met with and talk with Jeff on a semi-regular basis... he doesn't act or come across like this at all. I do know that he's only had a decent job that allows him to work overtime for about a month and finally has been able to save some cash. Add that to all the money he's had to throw at his pos NX that keeps breaking down.

I'm not taking sides, but perhaps more and better communication via email or pm would have been better than posting this in a public forum... unless you've already tried that, of course.

To help resolve this, I've pm'd Jeff and linked this thread... hope this gets cleared up on both sides. And of course, if there was a misunderstanding, apologies from both sides.

Peace,
Mark

·
FWD PWNAGE IS HERE!
2,570 Posts
Did you read the post on the honda tech forums? Maybe something in that direction is in need.

Regardless if you can't fly to maui and back for $150 the principal that he knows you are going to kick his ass is what counts and that he won't do it again knowing people will hunt him down.

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
good job on being a dick i told you on the 15th of last month ill pay you with this check, i get paid twice a month last check i needed to pay rent i finally got a job i can spare to send money out to people.

Mike, just shut up while your behind.

if you have a problem with me you need to take it up with me because all your going to do is piss me off and since its my bank account i dont have to pay nor do i have to frequent this forum.
good day assholes

thanks mark for stickin up for me and letting me know about this thread.

·
Turbo Grocery Getter
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I dont know the guy, maybe he is a good guy. The last time i talked to him was a couple weeks ago in the middle of march. Here are just a few of the messages he has sent me. You want to talk to me about being a dick?? Not paying someone $150 for a strong running SR motor is being a dick. Its not like i was trying to rip you off. You cant even buy an intake for that price. I was even gonna let him trade his NX brakes instead since cash was tight but he got rid of those too.

11/17/2003

serchef said:
brakes are gone, ill get you the money as soon as i have it, sorry for the wait. just wondering if you had someone else on the forum talking to others about my situation(owing you for the motor)

jeff
01/06/2004

serchef said:
sr20sleeper said:
Hey Jeff,

Now that the holidays are over and stuff i was just wondering if you were gonna have that engine money. I just had to have emergency surgery to have my appendix removed and could really use the extra cash right now. thanks

nathan

serchef said:
brakes are gone, ill get you the money as soon as i have it, sorry for the wait. just wondering if you had someone else on the forum talking to others about my situation(owing you for the motor)

jeff
just got down to sarasota ill try to get some money out to you in a week, its been really hectic for me lately, i hope your doing ok with the surgery and what not ill do my best to get you the 150

jeff
02/13/2004

serchef said:
hey nathan im a jack ass as you know already but i accidently erased my entire pm box can you send me your address again please?

Jeff
03/13/2004

serchef said:
thanks man ill get moeny out to you as soon as i get paid, i had to pay my car insurance this paycheck, i forgot about it till i got the bill sorry it took so long to get you the money im normally not this irresponsible jus ttrying to get my life back on track right now thanks again for being so patient.

Jeff
I dunno what he was going through, and i didnt want to make this public... but i can see no excuse for taking 6 months to pay off $150... and yes, you said that you would pay me this month... but youve said that many times before. I dont know you personally, you may be an awesome guy. But as a buyer, i have had a very bad experience with you.

nathan

·
Turbo Grocery Getter
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Plain and simple...

6mo = 180 days
$150/180 days = 83 cents a day you would have had to save in this amount of time to pay me off. Obviously it just wasnt a priority to you. Ive been told at least 3 or 4 times before that the money was on the way, why should i believe it this time? And you are right, im in hawaii... you are in florida. there is not much i can do about it so why dont you do the right thing.

nathan

serchef said:
good job on being a dick i told you on the 15th of last month ill pay you with this check, i get paid twice a month last check i needed to pay rent i finally got a job i can spare to send money out to people.

if you have a problem with me you need to take it up with me because all your going to do is piss me off and since its my bank account i dont have to pay nor do i have to frequent this forum.
good day assholes

·
Turbo Grocery Getter
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
sorry forgot this one... Believe me, i did try to resolve this in a non-public way. I know about money being tight, i lived on my own in hawaii on $17000 last year.

02/11/04

serchef said:
send me your address and ill have the money out at the end of the week...im parting out my car once the beginning of that money comes in im sending yours out first. sorry its taken so long, ive been having serious issues with my car and it breaking constantly so i finally gave up on it and ill have some extra cash now. once again sorry and ill have your money out to you asap

Jeff

·
PLAY MY HEAD, MONKEY!
9,943 Posts
serchef said:

good day assholes

I hate to bust into threads like this but i hope to god "your" motor blows again because it would serve you right. This guy set you up with an engine and this is how you repay him? what a **** tard, honestly, people like you make me want to slam my head against my computer...and BTW, this is easily solved...in court....

·
92 SE-R Richmond, VA
10 Posts
Hey Jeff,

I'm not sure what is going on with you in Florida right now, This is the only way I can get in touch with you about the exhaust that I let you have when you were trying to get to Florida. (Hot Shot Header and HKS Cat-back) I didnt even make you pay any of the $330 agreed at the time, since I have know you since High school dude. I'm not trying to screw you over and I would hope that you wouldnt do the same. I dont see you online anymore and the last time that I did. I asked you about the money and when you were going to send it to me. You replied that you had to go and signed off. I'm not trying to draw to any conclusions Jeff, but If I don't hear from you I have nothing to make me believe that you are not trying to screw me over. Call me when you have a chance, If you would (804) 937-7783.

Hope things are going well with you.

Jonathan

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
@ sr20sleeper:

I wasn't calling you a dick. Mah bad...I was talking about the people that haven't done business with him. You don't have your money...you have a right to be mad. I talk to Jeff all the time, I seriously don't see him wanting to rip you off. I don't know his personal situation but **** always seems to be happening to him. But good luck on getting your money...you should have it soon.

@ daveracer:

Dude...have you delt with him and had a bad experience? If not then you don't need to be in here bashing him. This is what I was talking about when I said if you don't know him. You shouldn't be talking...I gave you an awesome deal on a clutch and you turned around and tried to sell the PP for what I sold you everything for. I lost over 300bucks on that deal and you went and basically tried to rip me off. I don't really care...I got what I asked for it because it was for a donation. So you shouldn't be talking about ripping other forum members off.

This isn't the place to harrass other forum members. It's simply to state your experience and let others do the thinking. Personally, I wouldn't hand over anything to anyone no matter who they were without payment...unless they lived close by. I just hope you guys learned your lesson. Good job for helping out other members, but don't put yourself at risk. I'm not bashing on anyone, I've been ripped off for plenty of things. I rip myself of selling things. But yeah...good luck getting your money everyone.

Jason

·
Turbo Grocery Getter
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I honestly didnt want to post anything about the guy. Im not out to ruin peoples reputation. If he was really having money problems and couldnt survive and he told me that i would have just given him the motor... But i was searching for NX2000 rims and i saw this and it just put me over the edge...

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=70597

serchef said:
i want 100 plus shipping my new rims are gonna be 550.
$550 for new rims, what is that all about? so i decided that id give him one more month then post in the buying/selling section.

nathan

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Dang. It does sound really bad, I honestly don't know what's up. This just all seems weird to me. Doesn't seem like him. Have someone in FL bug him for you. He lives with a forum member still I believe. Again, good luck.

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
sr20sleeper said:
I honestly didnt want to post anything about the guy. Im not out to ruin peoples reputation. If he was really having money problems and couldnt survive and he told me that i would have just given him the motor... But i was searching for NX2000 rims and i saw this and it just put me over the edge...

http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=70597

$550 for new rims, what is that all about? so i decided that id give him one more month then post in the buying/selling section.

nathan

i still havent gotten the rims due to my car breaking all of that money wenty into the car, i told you i would pay you with my next check wait till wednesday when i get paid ill have the money out thursday.

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
if you want to contact me feel free

941 587 1528

i work all the time so i rarely get on the computers anymore.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.