SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Baby Blue VVL
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want the C series cams, i will have the money shortly, if i buy a spare head for my '99 can i get my springs and retainers and rocker arms cheaper than JWT and just get the cams from them?

Where can i get the springs etc?
thanx
O

------------------
'99 SE-L
On the verge of something great, but very little money :(

Fear is what seperates the good from the great

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I think the C-series cams require JWT springs that are spec'ed specifically for those cams.. Do you have all the other bolt ons already? If you throw C-series cams into an otherwise stock motor they won't perform as well and it will be a bitch to drive on the street.

·
Baby Blue VVL
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in the process of taking a trip to Turkey, but i will have header and exhaust when i get back, is there more that i should consider?

also i wanted to get springs etc that were better than JWT since i hear they buy them from someone else anyway

O

ps i have PR CAI

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I'm sure they buy them from somebody else, but how do you spec what you want? Their springs are supposed to be the least stiff springs required to control the large lifts of the C-series cams and eliminate any valvetrain harmonics. They were specially designed by a company who is an expert on the SR20DE. If you knew the specs, you could probably get them cheaper, but good luck trying. I don't think you get get better ones. What spec would you change to make them better?
I would just go with the JWT package.
You don't need new rocker arms.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">If you throw C-series cams into an otherwise stock motor they won't perform as well and it will be a bitch to drive on the
street.</font>
If you're going to go full bolt-on sometime, I wouldn't worry about the order you do the mods in. But GET THE ECU! You don't want these monster cams and a 7100rpm redline. It would be too frustrating. S3 cams and 7100 sucked, I can't imagine all that power you can't use!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts