SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey got a question. I tried to set my timing well checked it and it was set about right I think. It was on the other side of the 15 line. Just about touching it tho. But everytime the fans kicked on the timing retarded like a bitch. Is this correct. I did what se-r.net said. Warm up the car unplug the tps sensor(which i think i did right) restart car and rev 3 times past 3000. It was stable for a while then the fans came on and it retarded like a bitch. Any ideas.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an idea drive to Cookeville. Acutaly I think Im coming down your way friday. I will email ya right now.

·
_______
2,170 Posts
If you can make it up to Canada for the 14th, we're having a meeting, and we're renting a timing light.

Hey, Roderick Tse (from the SE-R List), is actually moving from Salt Lake City to Toronto. There's an idea!

You can watch a real hockey team that's going somewhere in the playoffs, I live here, and many other benefits :)

Seriously, I don't know whether the timing should advance or retard when the fans come on, but wait until it stops. You can't set the timing (or the idle, for that matter), until they switch off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts