SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I broke the oil seal. Is it hard to fix and does anybody know if it requires the removal of the oil front cover? Do you guys think my engine was damaged running on 1 1/2 quart of oil for 10 minutes?

·
_______
3,640 Posts
All you have to do is go to the dealership and buy a new front seal,pop your pulley off and swap out the seals. Its not hard at all..about as hard as swaping out the pullies. Just remember not to scratch up the surface while taking the old seal out.

Mike

·
Registered
61 Posts
Won't he need a drift or whatever the special tool is to set the new seal in place? The have a diagram in the FSM with dimensions of the tool. I can probably dig it up if it would help.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to do this in school so they got all the tools. I hope it's just the oil seal that I damaged. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
that is what it probably is. real easy to fix. just pull off the pulley and slap the new one in. I think the nissan part # is a 13210-50j10? something like that

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
Registered
705 Posts
Did you use screws to remove your pulley?! Cuz if you used the 2 screw method(hehe) then you may have actually puntured a hole in your block. This is not good, itll need to be welded shut. You better hope its just the seal, if it is, then do what these guys have suggested so far

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No I used a pulley puller. But I'm afraid I might have punctured the key in.

BTW, do you guys think I've done any damage running with only 1 1/2 quart of gas for 2 to 3 miles?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts