SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if the shift knob off the new vspec sentra ser will be for sale separatly anywhere..? i love that thing and the gages(does anyone know)... and would it be able to go on a smc shtshfter.? i wanna get the gages/seats adn shift knob off those things..

------------------
[email protected] vtec

·
Registered
163 Posts
I had the same idea when I installed my short shifter, when to my local dealership and the guy told me they had no part numbers yet, so I ordered a regular shift knob, well shortly there after I realized hey the Spec V knob shows a six speed pattern on it, if I let someone drive my car who was a complete moron, and they tried to shift to sixth, ohhhhhhhh it is horrible to think about.(it is very unlikely that would happpen but some people...)

------------------
Dan

·
Registered
125 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nissan_dan:
I realized hey the Spec V knob shows a six speed pattern on it, if I let someone drive my car who was a complete moron,
</font>

Solution: get the 6-speed tranny, too.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tigermiata:

Solution: get the 6-speed tranny, too.
</font>
with the 2.5 litre engine

·
Registered
723 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nissan_dan:
I had the same idea when I installed my short shifter, when to my local dealership and the guy told me they had no part numbers yet, so I ordered a regular shift knob, well shortly there after I realized hey the Spec V knob shows a six speed pattern on it, if I let someone drive my car who was a complete moron, and they tried to shift to sixth, ohhhhhhhh it is horrible to think about.(it is very unlikely that would happpen but some people...)

</font>
your tranny ha a lock-out. it shoudl prevent you from shifting into reverse from any forward gear
you gotta put it in neutral, clutch off, and clutch in again before it'll go in neutral

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well that is definitely a good thing
but what if I had a really stubern person driving, They try to shift, does not work so their gears in their head keep turning and the let out the clutch thinking "Why wont this thing shift" then press the clutch and try again. (Once again very unlikly this would ever happen)or does this lock out keep it out of reverse unless the car is stoped. I dont really know why I am asking because I did not do the **** knob thing but now I am just real curious

·
Registered
723 Posts
if you do that you'll get a really really really nasty grinding sound... and if somehow you were actually able to shift into gear, when you reengage the clutch your engine will stall

1 - 7 of 7 Posts