SR20 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some options here? The SE i have has that oh so stylish rubber shift boot. haha... well i want to get that outta there and put in a black leather shift boot and some knob. Does anyone make a leather boot for these cars? Do the SE-R's come stock with one? if they do i'll probably just go pick one up from nissan. anyone know any good websites with knobs and boots?(for shifters, hahaha). Thanks guys.

------------------
-Dan
Black 95 200sx SE
(Pickin it up Tuesday!)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went the expensive route and used a MoMo knob and boot. The boot is black leather and is universal. The boot also has a threaded insert at the top to allow you to screw it directly to a knob if you so desire.

It looks good, but costs a lot of $$$$$.

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike- worded that right? hahaha i'm sure ya did, but just remember this is a car board not a, well you know...hehehehehe anyways.... i'm wondering the same thing...how hard is it to get the shift knob off?

------------------
-Dan
Black 95 200sx SE
Just Picked It Up Today, SWEET!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was a serious bitch. I really had to hack it off of there. I kinda wanted to save it as much as possible, but ended up having to slice the leather and rubber off.

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R

·
Registered
844 Posts
I knew I was not going crazy.
I got a flat clamp and tightend it on the shifter very tight. Then I twisted it until the glue came loose.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine ended up mangled. I feel like such a rookie....Wait! I am a rookie!!!!

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
My knob still has part of the shifter attached to it.
Was easier just to cut the metal then getting pieces of the knob all over the place. Of course I was replacing both the knob and shifter so that made sense.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jacen99SE:
You can remove the stock knob without damaging anything. Take the shifter out, wrap the knob in a towel, lower your car (tire) onto the knob, stick a long screwdriver through the other end, and turn. Once you break the glue free, it's easy to turn.</font>
Maybe in your case. I tried that (except I used a vice) and even then the leather still gave out and got all ****ed up looking. I tried.....

------------------
'97 200SX SE-R

·
Registered
705 Posts
Man some are a bitch and some are not....I took Jordan's off with the twist of some plumbers pliers. However, I can't get my knob off for the life of me. Did they use a different freakin glue from 97 to 98 or what?

------------------
Ryan Walsh...1st 97 owner ever to succesfully mount a 98SE exhaust to a 97SER!
relaxing after a quiet ride home from SF2K1. first day without an exhaust in a long time.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Mine has a white RAZO ball on it. How easy is it to change shifters to something shorter? My throw is like 3 feet with the small knob.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts