SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's a good pill to use for 1/4 mileruns for te shift light. I have a zex flywheel so the rpms go up pretty quick. I have three pills.6800 rpm, 7000rpm,7200rpm.what's the best shift point? I figure by the time I react, the rpm's will actually be 100 more after the light hits. thanks!

·
Banned
2,886 Posts
[I have three pills.6800 rpm, 7000rpm,7200rpm.what's the best shift point?

I use 7200 in my car..i think its the best unless you have cams

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am gonna switch to s3 or c2 cams soon. right now I have nismo cams car stalls once in a while so I know the other cams will be more reliable and kick more ass. thanks

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2"OD test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4"ID superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
I use the 7,000 pill in my Autometer Shift Lite. You're right: By the time you react, you're getting close to the rev limiter.

I *might* take it down to 6,800, just to avoid the every-nasty collision of nitrous and rev limiter.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
isn't the rev limiter at 7,900 rpm with jw ecu?

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header, ACT HDS/S clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2"OD test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4"ID superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Not sure about that, as I use the stock ECU

Even with my direct port setup...nitrous runs out of steam after 7,000 anyway.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
true.

·
I drive a race car again!
1,370 Posts
If anyone is interested in a cheap, programable shift light, check out: http://harlan.sketchy.net/
I bought one of these last spring and it works quite well. It is also programmable via dip switches so you don't have to buy new pills every time you want to change your settings.

------------------
Steve Linn
#6 STS SE-R
Indy Region Head Solo Geek
"Have you red-lined your race car today?"
www.indyscca.org

1 - 8 of 8 Posts