SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you get the ES shifter bushings on... is the pin that holds the rod in place supposed to slid out and allow the rod to fall down?

Sidenote: I somehow got the front motor mount (not the inserts) in w/ just a bench vice and silicone spray! The thing just popped in and then i took it out of the vice and slid it the rest of the way in w/ my own two hands! Took all of about 15 min. Haven't been this ecstatic in a while.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Its a pain to get the bushing out with the rear motor mount in the car. If you have the ES motor mounts, forget it. Take the crossmember off, and it will make the job 100% easier.

·
Registered
342 Posts
is the pin that holds the rod in place supposed to slid out and allow the rod to fall down?
Nope, the "pin" doesn't move. There are two 12mm nuts on top. Take the nuts off and the unit will fall and you can replace the bushing. I did mine this morning along with some Place Motor mounts. Very nice pieces BTW. Can anyone host the pics for me? Cheers,
Charlie

·
GUPAMF 4 Life
1,240 Posts
There are two 12 mm bolts that hold the entire bracket. Get an open end wrench and reach behind the bracket. You will see what I am talking about. First loosen the bolt that holds the bushing in. Then undo the 12 mm bolts.

Terrin
92 SE-R

1 - 6 of 6 Posts