SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm hoping someone out there can answer my question. I was hoping to contact Eibach but I was unable to get a hold of anyone. I"m planning on installing my KYB AGX shocks/struts and Eibach Prokit springs. The eibach instructions says that if you own a 95 or newer 200 SE-R that you have to cut your bump stop 30 mm. I dont' know if I should cut it because the kit# (4.3563) that is next to the SE-R on the list. I cannot find this number anywhwere so does that mean that I don't have to cut it?? Can anyone please help me! I'm hoping to install them tomorrow. Thanks agian guys

Brent

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
the reason you cut it is for more suspention travel. cut about 1/2 inch off of it and that should be good. even if you did not have to cut it off, it still would not hurt anything.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope its not too late, so far I only got the front done, I did start the back but I havent' figured out how to re install the assembly. I tried bolting the top in place but I cna't get the bottom to go in, there's like 2 inch difference between the bolt hole in the shock and where it mounts on the car. Is it possible that I'll need to move the whole rear axle? Cause as of now I have the jack stand on the trailing arm. I also have the spring pretty much compressed. The only thing I know right now is that I'm tired hehe. Thanks agian for the help.

Brent

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well its finally done
All I have to say is i LOVE it. Between the new springs and struts along with my rear sway bar and front strut tower bar, all I have to say is "what turn" right now I have it set at 2 in the front and 6 in the rear. I didn't trim the rear bump stops, but if I do bottom out I will have to. Thanks again for the help Brian.

Brent

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I have the same setup you do and didn't cut the rear bumpstops for months. Until I got a long stint sitting in the backseat of the car did I realize that I was basically riding on the bumpstops. Take my advise and cut out the middle donut on the rear bumpstops. You will thank me

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have to order some new dust boots and when I get them I'll have to put them on (unfortunatly I have to rip the back all apart again
) As for now, the 2nd day of driving that it does feel a bit bouncy when I do go over bumps, so I'm assuming that the bumpyness is the bump stops? My settings are 2 and 6.

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I always have the front set at 2 because the turn-in and steering wheel response is worlds better than 1, and 3 and 4 are way overkill for the Pro-kit springs. The rear I had at 4 for a long time, but today set them down to 3 and the ride is much improved, yet still solid. Just IMO though, currently. My ride tastes with this setup seem to be honing in finally.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts