SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been looking short shifters but i dont know which one will fit my car. The link below says that it will fit a 91-98 sentra. I have a 99 SE-L, will it still fit?

http://www.autosupermart.com/shop/pace00028.html

I'm only willing to spend less than $100 on it. I've looked at B&M shifters but they are too expensive.

ALSO....I need motor mounts. mine are shot. I dont know much about them.. any help on this would be helpfull. Jacen99SE posted this link for motor mounts but i dont know what parts i should get. http://www.suspension.com/nissancars.htm

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
Get a PaceSetter QuikShifter... its $75

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The prices that ive seen on other sites dont compare to the one i posted. Getting the pacestter short shifter. I'll try to post an update with pictures on my install. Now i need motor mounts

·
1,664 Posts
You're gonna be happy w/ the Pacesetter. Are you getting ES Motor Mounts? I have the Front & Rear ones... Keep us posted on your progress!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THis is my problem with getting motor mounts:

I've read lots about es motor mounts and those seem to be the best for the price expcet i dont know which ones to get...if someone could help me...meaning by telling me what part# for my 99 se-l manual i need..that would be great help...here is a link to the products page
http://www.suspension.com/nissancars.htm

I need to replace all of the mounts. WOuld i have to relpace them as a whole or just the inserts?

·
Baby Blue VVL
3,202 Posts
Im getting the prothane inserts and having them pressed in. They are stiffer than ES and cost $54 shipped from lightening motorsports.

91-98 mounts fit your car b13 and b14 it's all the same.
O

·
1,664 Posts
All you need is the Energy Suspension front and rear motor mounts.

Energy Suspensions part numbers 7.1105G and 7.1106G

·
Registered
999 Posts
as far as the short shifter goes, all i did was cut my stock on from below the two bumps. and i got my ES parts in my sig from courtesyparts.com for a reasonable price for all shipped, now i just need to install them.

·
b15 kid
3,021 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
I got an SS off ebay for 25 shipped. Looks like a good piece of equipment. Havent installed it yet, but will soon.
can u send me pics of which one it is.....and lemme know how it is when u install it

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to all for the input. it make things a lot easier for me. All i need to do is order that stuff...which my gf is paying for (1 yr aniv. present)..and install it. It'll probably be about a month before i install all of it. I'll get some install pic up on this thread.

Rico55: let us know how the installation went on the es bushings and how long it took you. thanks

·
Registered
999 Posts
strobe14 said:
Thanks to all for the input. it make things a lot easier for me. All i need to do is order that stuff...which my gf is paying for (1 yr aniv. present)..and install it. It'll probably be about a month before i install all of it. I'll get some install pic up on this thread.

Rico55: let us know how the installation went on the es bushings and how long it took you. thanks
i usually have my mechanic work on my car when ever i need something worked on or to have parts installed. i really dont have the time to work on my own car other than tuneups and simple stuff. since i work a lot of crazy hours and trying to keep up with my 2 young and energetic sons.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So i got my new brembo rotors but before i install them, will i need new brake pads or can i just use my old ones that i have on my ride right now.

·
Baby Blue VVL
3,202 Posts
change the pads too the pads have already been cut for the current rotors you have. Do it right or not at all.

O

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for the advice.

Two days ago, akapaul gave me his old strut tower bar b/c it doesnt fit on our cars, the 98-99 sentra se-l. the emmisions crap on top always hits the bar. i went on the last of the b14's website and found the mod for it. after about 4hrs of cuting, measuring and welding, i got it. its not pro job but it does the job. while i was at it, i took my pacesetter header off and welded everything better cuz i devleoped a leak. all of you who have pacesetter headers know how crappy thier welding job is and how much trouble they give you especially with the secondary gasket blowing out all the time. i'll post pics of the process soon and final outcome soon.

Next project is to install my brakes, short shifter, and motor mounts. i'll have pic of that stuff too.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
here are pic of modified STB:
these welds are not professionaly done. i did them myself and i think that i did alright for being a first time welder.

also made better welds on my pacesetter header:

·
chi-town ser
658 Posts
I just did my SS and the ES Bushings yesterday. I hacked off about an inch off the SS and you tell the shifts are much closer. A good reasonable price upgrade.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts