SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup all...Which short shifter is one of the best? Im looking for the feel of the stock one...Like not too hard to shift or not too short. Cause my friens with a Civic has a short shifter and it hurts the **** outta my damn hand! And it shifts way to hard, like i went from 1st to 2nd and it grinded. But what are you guys opinions on short shifters and who has the best? Thnx!

------------------
Enjoy the ride...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Do not buy the focus shifter it sucks. I'm looking to get a replacement and its gonna be the SMC or the B&M

------------------
96 w/ HS CAI, timing @ 17, 92 I/E cams, Naxos muffler, Eibach Sportlines, Front struts: Motivational, Rear shocks: KYB AGX's, S/T sway bars, ES lower control arm bushings and motor mounts, Courtesy F/R STB, APC Clear corners, Stillen grille, and Focus short throw.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
the courtesy shifter is the SMC shifter. i know cuz that's who i bought mine from.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I just got a pacesetter short shifter, but I have not yet installed it. It was $100 from summit racing. I've heard good things about it. Smooth shifts, adjustable throws, easy install.

I'm planning to install it this weekend, so if anyone has any tips to help the job go easier...

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
SMC is the most versatile. B&M is good quality (so is the SMC) but is pricey. i heard the $tillen one is crappy. are you sure your friend put enough grease on the shifter when he installed it? i had to put more on mine cuz i had the same prob w/ it being difficult to change gears.

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
I have the SMC I got from a group deal many moons ago. I love it. Adjustable throws too

I hear the Courtesy short shifter is good, don't know how much it costs though.

------------------
Antonio Garcia
91 SE-R w/ lots of stuff
Bay Area, CA

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hey chuck get the courtesy shifter! Just kidding!!! you know what happened with mine... SNAP! Give me a holla this weekend.

·
Registered
230 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stiletto:
the courtesy shifter is the SMC shifter. i know cuz that's who i bought mine from.</font>
Courtesy shifter is NOT the SMC shifter. They sell both the SMC adjustable and the non adjustable POS.

DON'T BUY THE COURTESY SHIFTER. I'm like skerd to drive my car now cuz i feel like the shifter is gonna snap in half!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SeattleSE R:
Courtesy shifter is NOT the SMC shifter. They sell both the SMC adjustable and the non adjustable POS.

</font>
i guess i got lucky and bought the right one from 'em.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No COURTESY for me it looks like...Thnx Mike i almost forgot it broke.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts