·
Beware....THE BEAR!!
1,730 Posts
b & m...and they are easy to change, some with pretty fool proof instructions

support the vendors...gofastdepot.com sells them

·
Come get your ham Tina!
380 Posts
any side effects to a short throw shifter? i heared they were hard on the tranny due to such quick shifts. Anyone ever had bad side effects with them or is this just hype?
thanks

·
Laser Cats!
285 Posts
any side effects to a short throw shifter? i heared they were hard on the tranny due to such quick shifts. Anyone ever had bad side effects with them or is this just hype?
thanks
I would thats hype. I had a SS in my old car for nearly 3 yrs before I sold it. Nothing ever happened to the tranny and shifting is way more fun and faster.

Truett

·
shift_sr20
377 Posts
whats the deal installing these? i bought one on ebay a long time ago but havent istalled it. Are these just regular bolt ons or do you gota modify the linkage or any other part of the shifting system? the one i got was just the shifter..nothing else

·
Come get your ham Tina!
380 Posts
They are fairly easy to install. you will have to get under the car. Not too dificult, just take the boot off and start going to town. I do not have specific instructions but it is not that hard.

·
Wiggle wagon driver...
1,445 Posts
just dont cheap out on one. buy a namebrand such as b&m or pacesetter. i bought one off of ebay 6 years ago and it never felt right. i had to use a bolt that did not fit and kept coming out before 4 months later snapping off in my hand. i bought a pacesetter s/s and love it.

·
Cherry Destroyer
543 Posts
just cut your stock one :rofl: :rofl:

·
Wiggle wagon driver...
1,445 Posts
^^
you would be surprised how many people think that actually gives them shorter throws. the shifter in my truck has the around 2 1/2ft tall and it has ridiculously short throws. i would say they are shorter than my 200, but it's been about a year since i've driven my sx

·
Laser Cats!
285 Posts
just cut your stock one :rofl: :rofl:
Funny you say that cause I hear more people say that they would rather do that than install a SS because they think its better.

whats the deal installing these? i bought one on ebay a long time ago but havent istalled it. Are these just regular bolt ons or do you gota modify the linkage or any other part of the shifting system? the one i got was just the shifter..nothing else
Yeah its a bolt on affair. Just pull you old one and swap it out. You might have to take the cat off. On my b13 I just had to pull the cat off the rubber hangers. Not sure on the b14s

Truett

1 - 11 of 11 Posts