SR20 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
boosting
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about ordering a short shifter soon, now I was wondering what you guys though about them. I know I can get the pacesetter shifter for like 90 bucks and I can get the bm and the other good ones for like 140 do you think that there is a big difference? Which ones do you guys recommend.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I recommend the Pacesetter for $60 plus $15 shipping at www.jcwhitney.com

Merry Christmas!!! You better order fast, Last I heard they had 3 left !!!!!!!

QUICK-SHIFT ADJUSTABLE THROW SHIFTER KIT
For the quickest, most precise shifts possible with just a flick of the wrist!
Reduces shift throws by up to 80%!
Chrome-plated super-hard 2L14 steel alloy lever ensures more consistent performance and less chance of transmission damage than with a lighter weight aluminum lever. One-piece formed shaft (not a shortened and welded stock shaft) accepts any shift knob. The AdjustaBall shift ball is made of ultra-hard Derlin plastic compound. Simply change the position of the ball on the threaded shaft and adjust the distance between gears and stick height. Kit includes high-temperature seals, maintenance-free bushing-type bearing, premium hardware and instructions.

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
Short Shifter

I went to a local Auto Part store and told them of the massive back order problem with the Pace Setter SS.. They not only matched the $60 price of other co. but they didn't charge any extra for shipping...... try a mom and pops auto parts supplier and tell them what you can get one for at other places....alot of times they don't want to be undersold and they will match other stores prices. And also, sometimes auto parts stores have chains of warhouses that keep a couple in stock. I have had my Pace Setter on for about 3 monthes now and love it..... sure beats the other brands prices.

Darren

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
:( :( I could have had mine installed by now but I opted for a 91 cam instead!!!!! :cool:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Séb_-Nx said:
some people told me that the pacesetter ss is **** and it will even break my tranny(I REALLY doubt it...)Is it true???
those people have a PhD.
Pacesetter hater Degree!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

·
Registered
486 Posts
well basically, any short shifter will put more stress on your tranny, but i dont know y one would be more stressful than the others, unless its shorter than others.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Short Shifters cause damage!?!?

The only way a short shifter is doing ANY damage is by the way you use it. Shifting too fast for the clutch and grinding gears, will cause damage. It's all in how you treat your transmission not the short shifter. It just changes in the size of the fulcrum on your end is, it does not change the way the transmission select gears. Therefore the damage you may assumed was caused by a mis-selected gear, or hitting the gear without the clutch fully out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've recently put in a B&M short shifter. I love it I go in and out of gears quickly and smoothly. Also, the B&M comes with everything bushings and even a cool shift knob. And another thing the pacesetter shifter is welded so its really two pieces like the stock one but shorter so their is a chance of it breaking its like they say you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
486 Posts
well becuase it is shorter, just like how it takes a bit more oomph to shift for your arm, it is just a bit extra stress on the tranny, no big deal though

·
Original Owner
1,045 Posts
I'd recommed the first generation $tillen short-shifter, if you are lucky enough to find a used one. The construction of this particular unit is what sets it apart from all the others. I've had mine over five years and it's still shifting great.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts