SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
maybe good for a tenth or so, seriously, the quicker you can shift, the quicker you can accelerate. that is why in drag racing an automatic transmission is usually faster.

·
Registered
201 Posts
You must be talking about a specially designed racing automatic transmission (as in a Level 10 unit or something similar). Stock automatic transmissions can't shift faster than a good driver driving a manual transmission. You'd have to spend a ton more to get an automatic that would shift faster than a manual than you would spend on upgrading a manual and improving your shifting. Where do you think the name "slushbox" came from?

Ben
'93 NX

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
Short shifters are great...after putting one in my SE-R, every car I'll buy in the future will have one.

The short shifter does allow you to shift more crisply, and MAYBE it's possible to knock of a couple of hundredths of your ET. Any more than that, and I'd be surprised.

------------------
Antonio Garcia
91 SE-R w/ lots of stuff
Bay Area, CA

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not trying do to be a dick!, but all those with smart ass answers to my smart question,it makes perfect sense what I said, you can lower it maybe 1/10th of a second! It's true look it up. Hey how's that for a newbe question?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts