SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of a good short shifter to buy? anyone have experience with them? how much will one be and where can i get one cheap.

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
where is SMC? do you guys know the price?

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
SMC's cali, i believe. it was under $100 on a GD. got his stainless brake lines, too. nice!

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Courtsey's is nice. great service. eric has bought 2 and had 3 so he should know prices think ben is using theirs also but i could be wrong. brian prices?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
and the stillen is about 2.5X as much as the smc. I have that one in my car and love it

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
SMC got a website, live in NH and don't feel like having the long distance, ya know.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Make your own. Just cut the shifter. Here's how http://www.ctwd.net/personal/default.htm . Go to the technical part and click on short shifter mod. That's what both Jay and my buddy Mark are running. I've driven Mark's car and it feels like a short shifter. I'll have mine too soon hopefully once Jay gets his dremel tool for x-mas hopefully.

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
I have done this too but it is no short shifter. The shifter is indeed shorter but it does not shorten the through any. It looks and feels better then the Ford F150 shifter that it used to be though.

------------------
MarC
96 w/ no turbo
AIM SER96MarC

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
um, the degree of the bend on the shifter bottom is what determines the throw. you could possibly heat it up and bend it, but i think it would break after alot of usage. and i cut my $tillen shortshifter with a sawzall..goes much faster.

------------------
1993 NX2000
with stuff.

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Yeah, Yeah, personally I think the stock throw is already pretty short. Maybe that's just me though.

·
Registered
166 Posts
go with the STILLEN S/T shifter I just put one in my car it is a complete bolt in w/roller berings billet aluminum and a solid smooth feel.my buddy has the pace setter and you get what you pay for.....also get a urothane shifter bushing then you'll have no play in your shift..

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
don't get a stillen. they ****in suck!
get a SMC!!!

------------------
1993 NX2000
with stuff.

·
Registered
166 Posts
are the SMC's all new housing or do you take
apart you stock crimp metal shifter housing?
and put the short shifter in it?

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
SMC you get the shifter with the adjustable plastic pivot ball on it. You should get a new shift boot as well, but when I got mine Nissan shift boots were on national backorder for like 6 months and I just re-used the stocker without a problem. Yes you have to remove the clips and re-grease the pivot ball housing thingy.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
the smc is easy to put in, you just have to take apart your stock shifter, and the stock housing is (I believe, been a long time) plastic, and just barely a pain to get back together. hardest part of the project. (only had like 10k on the car when I did it. I don't even think I had a waterspot under the car then

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

1 - 20 of 22 Posts