SR20 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows where to get one of these for my 93'NX2000. I have been looking but I can't seem to find them. I know they make them I just have to find them.

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
325 Posts
I got mine from www.ptuning.com its a Pacesetter. they go for $103, but they are definitly worth going for cuz they make driving soo much fun. They are throw-length adjustable and you can set them to really quick or to stock setting if you want. by the way I installed this on my Nx last year so if you need any install tips just let me know.
Hope it helps,
Nick

·
Registered
679 Posts
1BAD_NX: What setting do you reccomend, and i have never installed a short throw shifter, do you have any advice, does it come with instructions or how to install? Thanks alot!

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts
Go get a pacesetter from NOPI, you should get it for around $75 probably to your door! And unlike JC Whitney, they'll have it in stock!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just be careful, my bro had the pacesetter on his 91 NX2K and he had problems with it, but i'm pretty sure it was the installers fault, he had it "professionally done" at a shop, and after that he had to take it in twice to be readjusted, Im used to driving the Rio lately, so the shift on the NX feels short, but it does have a noticable difference.

------------------
Daniel K
93 NX2000 w/ intake, clear bumper lenses a Japanese Sr20de getting installed right now!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LowDownNX:
1BAD_NX: What setting do you reccomend, and i have never installed a short throw shifter, do you have any advice, does it come with instructions or how to install? Thanks alot!</font>
I hope its not too late LowDownNX, I was away from my computer for a while. Anywayz, this was my first major mod on my Nx, and finished it without any problems.
Yes there is a real good manual that comes with the Pacesetter. Basically
1-jack up the car(secure it),
2-loosen the exhause hanger near the heat shield(also take off the ground wire),
3-get the heat shield out, the shifter will be exposed now.
4-remove the shifter spring and start unbolting the shifter mechanism
5-the shifter housing must also be removed here, (there's an M10? bolt on the shifter that you must remove also)Note: after you remove the nut use a hammer or something to pull out the bolt(I wasted a lot of time trying to unsrew it out, duh!!)
6-(hopefully you've already removed the knob at the begining) and now get back into the the car and pull out the shifter and put the new shifter on (use the lubrication provided)

NOTE: (if you want a real quick shift like I did, put your shift ball to the very top of the thread and tighten the set screw. It will also be necessary to cut the heat shield (or just hammer it for clearance like I did)
Putting things back will be a very easy task if you jus reverse the steps (or jus use your imagination like I did
)
***These are just the important steps I remember from my last year's install and should only be used as a guide. (the Pacesetter guide will have a more complete procedure on the install.
Good luck, and enjoy the ride
Nick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts