SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the guy told me this:

"The motor needs bearings, no damage to the block"

how bad of a fix is this, money wise, cuz i can get this motor really cheap! does my regular tranny work on it? does my ecu work on it? because he said it would!

------------------
92 nx2000 - im good enough, im smart enough, and dogonnit, poeple like me!

[This message has been edited by crazyNXracer (edited 05-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by crazyNXracer (edited 05-07-2001).]

·
Registered
705 Posts
Why, is there something wrong with the one you have?! It will work on your car...and its pretty standard to change or at least inspect the bearings on a used JDM. especially DET.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
883 Posts
Here is what the guy said to me:

Yes I have two motors they both had rod knocks but are complete. The customer down shifted from 5th to 3rd and that is what did it. It still ran but just had a tap from the rod bearings.

I am looking at buying one also. How hard are they to replace? How much are they? Do you have to be a super mechanic? I have swapped motors before, but never really tore into one. For the price he is asking, it may be worth it.

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

[This message has been edited by kbslacker (edited 05-07-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no there is nothing wrong with my engine, just want more power you know?! figured starting with a jdm would be better, i heard they kick ass, i know lots of people here have done the swap, can anyone tell me the power difference?

------------------

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by crazyNXracer:
no there is nothing wrong with my engine, just want more power you know?! figured starting with a jdm would be better, i heard they kick ass, i know lots of people here have done the swap, can anyone tell me the power difference?

</font>
about 7hp
The only differences aer the intake cam, the intake and exhaust manifolds.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Matrix FSTB, Stillen GTR grill

[This message has been edited by RPWSER (edited 05-08-2001).]

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just have to change the rod bearings and it will be perfect with 30k miles on it, i am getting it so cheap i couldnt pass it up!

------------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts