SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A guy on Team Nismo's website is selling a used t28 turbo from a skyline for 250 dollars..Would this work with a gtiR manifold?? Also, does this sound a bit cheap to you guys or no??
TIA
Brendan

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
.48 exhaust housing too small? IIRC the Hot Shot turbo kit used a T3 with a .48 exhaust housing and it yielded good results. I wouldn;t say it's too small, but that if you have high HP goals that it will limit things. Like causing reversion by driving up backpressure. It's a decent turbo for a moderately powerful SE-R. Just my .02

late,
wes

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
UH OH, looks like you meant that it used a .48 compressor wheel. If thats the case then it will be limiting for sure. While were at it and before I look like more of an ass what are the trim values on the GTiR T28, anyone know?

late,
wes

·
Registered
62 Posts
No, no, I did mean a .48 exhaust housing. You can't really use the T3 as a comparison though as it is a bigger turbo. For the same money he could get the same turbo off a silvia with a .64 housing. The GTR turbo will not support more than 12psi over about 5000rpm, IMO thats too small.

I'd have to do some hunting for the full specs of the turbo, I do have them somewhere. However this has been tried on an S13 silvia and the results were the same as a T25, a turbo which you can't give away down here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts