SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the low-down.

Every other weekend I put about 500 miles on the SE, all highway, runnin' between 70 and 90 MPH . In between I put about 200-500 miles of mixed city and highway driving. I drive in a sportly fashion as any good SE owner with the performance package installed would but seldom, if ever, redline and I use full synthetic oil.

I have 50,100 miles on it now, I put 20k on it since last June. NGKs are about $13 a pop at the stealership, should I replace 'em or try to clean up the existing ones.

I did search for info on this, just didn't find anything that fit my situation close enough.

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
The platinum plugs, which you bought at $13 a pop, should last you upto 60,000 miles. However, looking at the amount of driving you do, I'd suggest you buy the NGK copper plugs, which go for about $2.00 per plug max, and need to be changed like every 30,000 miles. If you don't mind the higher frequency of changing the plugs, this might be a good idea for you. The part number for the NGK coppers is BKR6E.

I also suggest that you do a full tune up at this point.

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
I think you should probably get the OEM plugs for your ride. Nissan made your car, so they know what spark plugs work good. I'd go for the OEM plugs, NGK. They are part # PFR6G-11, and are about $13 bucks a pop. Remember - you get what you pay for.

G

·
Check the gap on the plugs and if they are the same gap as when they are new and they are burning correctly I would think that 60,000 miles would be a good time to change them. Why fix what ain't broke?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts