SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Give me fuel,give me fire
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a stock looking muffler for my 200sx SER. So show me your stock looking muffler, and tell me what it is. Thanks

·
P10 Geek
1,565 Posts
Go to the bottom of the page.

http://nismopc.tripod.com/exhaust.htm

It was a 3 inch APC stainless steel rolled edge angle tip that I cut at the same 18 degree angle and got rid of the rolled edge. Took off more than an inch from the end. Was making a pittapittapitta sound at idle and what not at WOT, plus it stuck out of the rear of the car too much. Now it looks nice and stock. Somewhat IS300-ish and/or Eclipse-ish.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Here's my HKS.

·
SR20JET POWERED!!!
1,819 Posts
i didnt even think of your car, the hks sport painted black looks and sounds the most stock out of anything.

·
PLAY MY HEAD, MONKEY!
9,943 Posts
i have a VERY stock looking muffler on my car. It's a magnaflow with a pipe coming out, looks STEALTH. I don't have pictures though, but it's even more stealth then what i've seen in this thread so far, no offense guys :tongue:

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
^^^ That's a pretty stock looking tip, the muffler itself dosn't look like stock, but the tip definately does.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
RYAN_S-14 said:
here is my hks one does not look stock at all.. id say go to a muffler shop and see what they got for sale.. or buy an aftermarket one and paint it black

My friend has one of those on his B14 and it sounds awesome. Although it doesn't look stock it still is really cool. Where exactly did you get it from or did you buy the whole catback. I have been searching for just the muffler and can't find it.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
We did a Stock 93 Mustang muffler with a basic 2 1/4 chrome tip on a customers B14 , looks very stock looking ....I did have a Spec-V muffler on my Altima, but no way would it fit under a B13/14 !! Another one we did was a Subaru WRX muffler , it has the nice dual tips , but it was certaly louder on the sentra ..

·
NISSAN ADDICT
3,066 Posts
Tomcat5678 said:
My friend has one of those on his B14 and it sounds awesome. Although it doesn't look stock it still is really cool. Where exactly did you get it from or did you buy the whole catback. I have been searching for just the muffler and can't find it.
its a full 3 inch cat back on my s-14. i got luckey and it came on my car when i bought it. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
RYAN_S-14 said:
its a full 3 inch cat back on my s-14. i got luckey and it came on my car when i bought it. :tongue:
You suck Ryan! So does my friend because he also bought his car w/ the Dragger already on it. :mad:

·
egg beater:)
457 Posts
i bought my muffler from summit. i bought the cat back w/resonator and w/o a muffler. i was going to put the stock tip on and paint the muffler body black, but it hangs down too far to even worry about.

·
DBA/IT
1,231 Posts
here's my hks:

in person from far away, the tip looks small and wimpy: it's very stock looking. You only begin to notice that's it's bigger than stock when you stand close to the car. The sound is almost disappointingly soft, but I guess I prefer that for highway driving. I wish the tip were bigger...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts