SR20 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished mine up and was wondering how the rest of you guys did it. I put mine right slab in the middle. between the BACK SEAT and the emergency tire. I had to move the e-tire down some for it to fit but it looks great!!!!
WISH I HAD A DIGITAL CAM!!!!!
LOVE YA'LL!!!!!:D

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
fine then...........................:D

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'd like to see a pic of a relo on an NX. IIRC, you need to enclose the battery in a special box with a vent tube or something...am I right?

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they say you need the vent tube if its in the trunk.....
I didnt put a tube in at all. I know the battery releases gases and all that, but im hoping they vent out thru the cracks. Sounds stupid but oh well. Plus, my battery sits smack in the middle of the trunk.:D

·
JDM style
1,091 Posts
maybe this could help...
theres a little rubber stopper type thing under the spare in my 200sx.. you could just run the tube under the spare and cut a lil hole in the rubber piece and put the tube through

look under ur spare and see if u have the same hole i do

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know that hole very well!!!!!!!
I had to unplug it to let out my "IN TRUNK POOL" when water seaped in thru the taillights!!!!!
So I left that unplugged.
--Dont gases move upwards though?--

Maybe a tube thru the speaker holes into the cabin. j/k!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
SERBAN!!!!! YOU ARE THE MOTHER-F'n MAN!!!!!!
Thats a nice organized trunk you got there. Im scared to show mine now. I dont have that particle board piece nor the rug stuff.
Thats a good job!!! I said screw the vent tube as well!!
Mine is sheet metal screwed in like 6 places.
I used the stock battery tray and screwed that in the back.
works very well!!!

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
Not bolted, just the bungee cord wrapped around the battery box, and strapped to that bar across the back seat.

And a note about the carpet, I always had problems with it sliding around, tool boxes, sub, battery box, etc. I took a hard turn one day and the battery did a cartwheel :D Well, recently i found out that the carpet has 2 holes on it on both sides toward the back seat, and 2 holes in the trunk itself, meaning ther had to be some clips there...so I took some clips, and now it stays down, no more carpet sliding around!!! YES!!!!

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
i had a problem with that stupid carpet moving around in my trunk. All of the clips to hold it in place were still there but the holes just got too big for its own good.

I had my big ass bandpass box with 2 12s in it sliding around and spinning--a few times yanking the power or ground cables right off of the amp. Solution: Took my jack out of its little house by the fender, and jacked my box against one side of the trunk keeping it from sliding left and right, and i have my Clutch Kit box (filled with old disc, PP, and TO bearing) holding the box from sliding to and fro. Just threw a grey towel over the jack and nobody even realizes there's a jack back there, haha!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NismoSER said:
Solution: Took my jack out of its little house by the fender, and jacked my box against one side of the trunk keeping it from sliding left and right, and i have my Clutch Kit box (filled with old disc, PP, and TO bearing) holding the box from sliding to and fro. Just threw a grey towel over the jack and nobody even realizes there's a jack back there, haha!
ROTFLMAO!!!! YOU ARE THE ALMIGHTY "RIG" KING!!!!!

I've done some **** in my life but that is funny!!!!
Hey, if it works Im all for it!!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts