SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I lika da turns
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some rust on my sideskirts near the wheels (front and rear) of my Classic. Can I just get some new sideskirts like from the Stillen kit to replace the old ones? I really have no idea how the JDM or Stillen ones attach or if they just cover up your old ones but I thought I would ask. Instead of having a new piece welded into the old side skirts I thought if new ones just replaced the old ones I could just take that route. Thanks.

·
I lika da turns
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The JDM sideskirts do the same?

·
Master Cunnilingust
4,713 Posts
I have the same problem on my front fenders where they attach down at the rocker panels. I plan to remove the fender and clean up the rust and then make some sort of water diverter to keep it from pooling up in that area. I swear auto designers all live in southern california and have no concept of rain, snow or road salt, and they neglect to address these nifty built it pockets that will rust out over time. I would use a wire brush on an angle grinder to clean the metal up, then wash it with naval jelly, then brush it again. Dry it with a heat gun or hair dryer. Spray it with some primer and then give it a few coats of some thick ass tractor paint. Then put your side skirts on fasten them up good. Then fill the cavity behind the skirts up with expansion foam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts