SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some signs that I have a bad tranny mount...

·
Registered
408 Posts
When driving along minding your own business and then you hear a clunk, your shift stick starts bouncing all over, your driver side axle axle breaks, then your tranny mount is probably in a bad situation.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well before all that happens, what are some signs that i need to replace it... b/c right now my shifter feels pretty crappy when shifting from 1-2 3-4

·
Registered
408 Posts
The account I posted before was what happened to me last spring when the bolts between the mount and the tranny snapped.

Gears 2 and 4 will be closer to the rear of the car if the motor is drooping on its rear mount. So, you may have a sign. Also, the shifter will lurch forward and back significantly as your car switches from acceleration to deceleration while under gear.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would it cause the shifter to pop out of place on the 1-2 and 3-4 shifts though?

it makes a click sound bringing it out of first and then the shifter pops up in my hand then it clicks again and pops back down and goes into second

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
it could be totally gone then, pop the hood, have someone get in the car (WITH THE EBRAKE ON) have them put it in gear and put a load on it, see how far it moves and clanks around, try not to stand in front of the car, or have them dump the clutch, a little bit goes a long way here. JUST BE CAREFUL, if you get ran over it is not my fault :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
brian said:
it could be totally gone then, pop the hood, have someone get in the car (WITH THE EBRAKE ON) have them put it in gear and put a load on it, see how far it moves and clanks around, try not to stand in front of the car, or have them dump the clutch, a little bit goes a long way here. JUST BE CAREFUL, if you get ran over it is not my fault :)
Damn Brian, that's pretty half-baked. :) You didn't make me to do that when we checked mine.

Michael.

BTW, my rear motor mount is shot so I'm gonna have to replace it soon...

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Michael-Dallas said:
Damn Brian, that's pretty half-baked. :) You didn't make me to do that when we checked mine.

Michael.

BTW, my rear motor mount is shot so I'm gonna have to replace it soon...
cool, it should only take a few hours to do, unless you strip out your mount or somethng :)
NOW BACK ON THE SUBJECT!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts