SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just out of interest but I have Fujis on my VE & always thought that they ended in a single 2.5" pipe. When the exhaust place butchered the pipe from my cat to secondaries the other day it turned out to be only 2.25". The pipe is definitely that size as the 2.5" exhaust is welded to it & it tapers down to the Fuji pipe.

Out of curiosity I called Bazza today & he measured a set that was at the workshop & it also had a 2.25" outlet pipe....

Have we got DE Fujis by mistake here or have most of the people on SR20Forum mistakenly assumed that their Fujis have a 2.5 inch outlet pipe? I would be interested to hear from other Fujitsubo Super EX owners and see what they've got.

·
L337 VVL
268 Posts
Im sure the DE's are mean't to be the same size 2.5" thats very strange. I got told that a cat with a 3" inlet could be bolted up as there is enough room on the Fuji flange still!

·
CAR SLÜT
1,622 Posts
Do you mind checking with Bazza to see if it is actually a 2.3" pipe? Japan has been known to produce 2.3" piping for some strange reason.

Turbofied: The Fuji's have a flange bolt pattern that is common to most cars and other flanges. From memory, it is 104mm from bolt centre to bolt centre. My Ute has 3" cats with 3" flanges on the exits but only dual 2.5" flanges for the cat back system that came with the car(upgrading to dual 3")

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you mind checking with Bazza to see if it is actually a 2.3" pipe? Japan has been known to produce 2.3" piping for some strange reason.

Turbofied: The Fuji's have a flange bolt pattern that is common to most cars and other flanges. From memory, it is 104mm from bolt centre to bolt centre. My Ute has 3" cats with 3" flanges on the exits but only dual 2.5" flanges for the cat back system that came with the car(upgrading to dual 3")
From memory it was 2.23xx" so not even quite 2.25"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts