SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who has just secured a job in Houston, Texas and he owns a R33 with about 600bhp. How will he go about registering it in the USA ? Will it have to pass any tests etc. before he can register it ? Also, how readily available is 98+ octane fuel available. I don't want him to melt the pistons because I sweat blood and tears building the monster.

·
Registered
194 Posts
You might want to check with Motorex. They're the company that imports Skylines for the US Market. I can't remember the exact url for their site but I know they have a site. You might be able to find it via freshalloy.com too. I think they moderate the Skyline forum there. They also have one dope assed R33 Maxima... you have to see the pics to understand.

Mel

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He can bring it over to my house and I can ...uh....register it!

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I never see 98. 93, MAYBE 94 is the highest you can hope to find normally. In bigger cities (like Houston) there might be just a couple of stations in the area that would carry 100 octane or something for like $4 or more a gallon, but that will get REALLY expensive in gas, plus the station probably won't be anywhere near where he lives.

·
Registered
883 Posts
You know, if I had a skyline over here, just to go cruisin in, or even to drive to work. I think I would be willing to pay $3.50 a gallon for 100 octane (which is the price out in utah) fuel. Oh by the way, they call it "RV" fuel.

Kris94G20

·
Registered
254 Posts
FYI American brethren, Petrol (gas) is very expensive in Europe, Asia, etc. Aside from the Middle East, we are doing quite well. I almost laugh when I hear people/media complain about our "sky high" gas prices....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Expensive gas ? Try UK prices !! 81.7pence
PER LITRE !! Thats for 95 octane !! I'm not sure what 98 octane is (our highest) but I do know it more expensive than 95 by a long way !!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
evansville, wisconsin...$2.47 for 103. ya gotta love that. the 95 that i run in my g20 costs me about 1.75 a gallon...it used to be cheaper

1 - 10 of 10 Posts