SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
hmm sounds like its not going to be like the curent skylines in japan, vary detuned here.

------------------

92 NX2000, kyb agx, intrax springs, jwt pop,
3a Racing muffler with bonzi tip,
17 " mille miglia mm 112, Yokohama avid h4

·
Registered
883 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nick:
what dose the sedan look like ? </font>
Do a search, there are some pics in a post from about 2 weeks ago.

------------------

Kris94G20™
"clears and stickers, the best bang for your buck"
The Beginning.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Although, I heard rumors that the next GT-R will come</font>
Been hearing that rumor for about five years. Usually preceded or followed by the "SR20DET is coming" rumor.

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy
'91 Sentra SE-R, future racecar

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
the Skyline GTR CANNOT come over. The only way is through those conversion guys.

Nissan can't bring it over because it is designed for right-hand drive and I read that the steering column would cause major engineering issues with the car if it were to be put on the left side for the American market. They would basically have to redesign the entire engine bay layout. I think it also has something to do with the turbos...

I hope that I'm sadly mistaken but did anyone else read this?

[This message has been edited by Jason92Classic (edited 07-12-2001).]

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
nissan is trying to hire the guy who converted the supra tt to an american vehicle. if they get him, infiniti will sell the gt-r. otherwise, don't hold your breath.

·
Registered
90 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jason92Classic:
the Skyline GTR CANNOT come over. The only way is through those conversion guys.
</font>
True. But according to the last rumors I've heard, note the word rumor, the next GT-R (the GT-R will no longer be associated Skyline name, I believe) will have a completely different engine. The RB26DETT is gone, probably replaced by the VQ35DETT or a V8 that will pump out around 400hp. This could be the new GT-R that's coming to America. The Skyline thats coming next spring was previously called the XVL concept, which will have at least 260hp with the VQ35DE engine. It will be an entry level performance luxury sedan that will compete with the 3-series and in my opinion, blow the doors off the IS300.

------------------
Slow 1.6
http://members.tripod.com/yankitman

·
Get Some!!
596 Posts
ahhhh, I understand. Basically it HAS been re-engineered.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts