SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving today and I noticed that I saw a Nissan Skyline GT-R in my community> I see it like everyday. What amazes me is how he got one over here. Hell I want one soo bad but it looks like Sivlias/240Sx's are the closest things we'll get over here. I wonder how much it would cost to import a Skyline though...

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
someone was selling a skyline gtr R34 on ebay a few weeks ago. man that thing was pretty. it was a sweet sweet shade of dark blue metallic with a two tone (i think) grey and black interior.

bids on it started at 50 large ones, and i never saw what it closed out at, if it did. i'm willing to bet his reserve was around 70-75, if not more.

it was also emissions legal, with cats and stickers and documents and all that good stuff. if you had the cash, i guess its worth it, and you'd have something else like a porsche to drive around while you waited the 2 months or so to get the dang thing emissions legal.

------------------
1991 Sentra SE-R
Cone intake, NismoBorla Exhaust, 19* timing, 2 12" Kicker Competitions, 125K miles

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
there is a company in california that imports them and makes some changes to leaglize them and converts them to left hand drive.
i forget the name of the company.

H

·
0 Posts
Motorex. That's the company. Go to www.skylinegtr.com (I think). If not, do a search for motorex and GT-R and you'll find it. an '89 R-32 runs for about $32K whereas a new R-34 runs for right around $90-100K. The car IS worth the wait, though. I want one SOOO bad. They also sell the Blackbird that was in SCC and Motortrend and/or R&T. Pretty

-Andy Boyles, AZ
'95 200SX SE-R w/ goodies

H

·
0 Posts
no, they don't convert them to LHD. They state that in their FAQ page. (I studied that page. I really want a GT-R)

-Andy

·
Registered
487 Posts
There are a few in the Washington area. Nice cars, right hand drive.

------------------
92 NX2000
Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Cams/Flywheel/Street Tires
14.545 @ 95.57 mph

·
Registered
230 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Son Of Skyline:
There are a few in the Washington area. Nice cars, right hand drive.

</font>
There's 3. an R32,33, AND 34! GarageSPL is where you will find them along w/ the rest of Washington's finest imports(supra's, m3's, rx7's, etc)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Thers is a company that will convert R33's to LHD. I don't remeber what they're called or who thry are. I thought I read it of of motorex's website.

BTW whoever is buying: get me a silver R33 GT-R V-Spec.

------------------
96 w/ HS CAI, timing @ 17, 92 I/E cams, Naxos muffler, Eibach Sportlines, Front struts: Motivational, Rear shocks: KYB AGX's, S/T sway bars, ES lower control arm bushings and motor mounts, Courtesy F/R STB, APC Clear corners, Stillen grille, and Focus short throw.

·
Registered
862 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by John Doe:
I believe that the bulk of them come from this place called RK Engines & JDM Automotive in Seattle, Washington....Sweet R34 that sold for 40k & some more import goodies. Hope it works.

</font>
The R34 was at a local car show last year, and it had Motorex paperwork on display, so it doesn't appear that they got it from RK. Since all these Skylines are with GarageSPL, I'm inclined to think they might all be from Motorex. Besides, all these Skylines have regular plates, and are street-driven, whereas RK says they only sell for off-road use.

BTW, that R34 on ebay didn't sell. He'd be a fool for letting it go for $40k!

[This message has been edited by Dan_93SER (edited 10-09-2001).]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts