SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
SR20DEbT
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting all the body work done on my car and need to buy the paint but we can't identify the paint code. It is scrape in the door jam area and it looks like it may be either KT5 or KJ5. KJ5 in the book was called Slate Gray Metallic (Mica) so I assumed it was that. I just need to be sure what it is called because I don't want to spend all the money for paint (90$ a quart) for no reason. Thanks in advance!

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
So look in your engine bay at the code next time...

I just checked and the code is KJ5 for slate Grey Pearl.

·
The ELITE NX2k Bredren!
5,150 Posts
BTW other stock colors are:

Vail White-531
Yellow Pearl Glow(I love this color!)- EH7
Aztec Red- AG2
Electric Blue- TJ4
Saphire Blue- TK3
Ruby Pearl- AL0
Super Black- KH3

Being bored at home on a Friday night- priceless

·
SR20DEbT
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, thanks a lot. I did look under the hood and didn't see it anywhere. I searched all over and didn't see it. Isn't it usually on a stamped steel tag that is riveted to the firewall or somewhere else. Anyways, thanks for the help bro!

·
starting over
653 Posts
Thats hot man.. I really like that look. What are you running for the suspension?

(Not trying to thread jack sorry)
I agree $90 it a little high, but what brand are you going with? It may be not that bad after all depending.

·
SR20DEbT
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, thats what I thought myself. I am unsure what brand it is but all I know is that it is from NAPA auto parts in town. Heres a picture of my baby. :D

·
8,148 Posts
One thing. I found there are several tones to KJ5. When I had my car new it had a purplish tint in the grey which was hard to reproduce. I looked in a book at my cousins shop (PPG I think) and they showed several different shades of KJ5. I found that interesting. And my 'purple tint" was among the options. Once I had a fender done, and it had a greenish tint to the grey. Anyone else notice that?

·
SR20DEbT
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Many people confuse my car for being dark blue when its cloudy out or dark. When the sun shine the car looks awesome. I guess I should look for the blueish tint KJ5.

·
GTI-R Powered???
874 Posts
how are your springs and konis ridewise and under agressive driving...?

Not to thread jack or anything...

·
Is that wrong??
2,118 Posts

grey se-r's pwn joo..

(this is a pic from before I got my B14 wheels and before I lowered it with Hypercoils)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Pretty White said:
One thing. I found there are several tones to KJ5. When I had my car new it had a purplish tint in the grey which was hard to reproduce. I looked in a book at my cousins shop (PPG I think) and they showed several different shades of KJ5. I found that interesting. And my 'purple tint" was among the options. Once I had a fender done, and it had a greenish tint to the grey. Anyone else notice that?
Really? Never noticed that but I will definitely pay attention now. Mine doesn't have any tint.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Pretty White said:

I have noticed there is a difference in the paint tone between my NX and SER, which are both KJ5. It's interesting that there are different tones listed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts