SR20 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the best way to make the sleepy eyes, better than Pivot IMHO, cause you can turn the lights on :D

First, remove the drivers side kick panel, so you'll have better access to the fuse panel.

You'll see this.

Remove the 2 10mm bolts on the left side of the panel, allowing the panel to swing out, exposing a bunch of wires. You may need to remove some zip ties at this point.

Find the small gauge (like 22?) LIGHT BLUE WIRE, with silver dots, it comes from the 5amp Headlight Motor Fuse. Splice a switch into this wire. It's tight in there, but there's plenty of wire to cut, and reconnect with new wires. (Yeah, I know, duct tape sucks....)

Place the switch where ever you want, I put mine inside the center console.

You're done!! With the work that is.

To operate:
-Put switch in "On" position, so the headlights will operate normally.
-Turn headlights "On"
-Flip switch to "Off"
-Turn headlights "Off", lights should go out, but they stay up.
-Flip switch on, then quickly off, the lights will go down a little. Continue doing this until the lights are at the height you desire.
-When happy with the height, leave the switch "Off" and turn the headlights on, the housings will not move, but the lights will turn on.
-To return to normal: flip the switch to "On"

*be careful not to bump the highbeam lever, this will cause the llights to extend fully. also, if you see a cop, "flash" your brights, the lights will go up, and look totally normal.*

End Result:

any questions?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
huh? call me crazy,but why would you want the "sleepy eyes" while your driving at night. I would want to see the road ahead of me.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Its not really for night driving its for daytime looks. If you want to see at night you use them all the way up. If you want to look cool in the daylight you sleepy them.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
This thread is almost three years old. The person who started it last visited the forum almost two years ago, which I'm guessing is why the pics are gone.

I'd suggest searching Zilvia, there's more info there on this topic.

·
Registered
55 Posts
there is an easier way to do this. just unplug the plugs to the pumps that raises up the the head light assemblie. now the lights can be turn on without the assemblie moving. then u just adjust the hieght of the light wit those manual lifters on the side. those things that u twist and voila! i adjust my light inside of the assembly to face much forward to get more light out of it to drive at night. so i drive wit high beams at night wit sleepy mode of course. pfft there is enough light to see. plus most of the streets here are lighted up. but when u just need more light. raise up. simple as that :biggthump

·
s13 frankenstein
3,483 Posts
wow old thread, but i'll have to say the pivot controller is def better. With the pivot one, u can adjust to whatever hieght you desire, and it will always go to that height, u dont have to sit there and flip a switch on and off and repeat the process whenever u put ur lights all the way back to normal. And as someone else said, whats the point of being able to "use" ur lights if they are half way covered. Its only a day time mod anyway and the point is to get air flowing thru the headlight to engine bay.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts