SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any one tell me what size of slicks i can use on my 91 sr20det.
whats a best brand and size of slicks that i can use on street?? i planing to use 14" rims.
any help would work. i just lost a race to american musle due to no truction on 1st and 2nd gear
 

·
no..its not my daddys car
Joined
·
1,447 Posts
^^^Most people are using something similar to those deminsions, probably your best bet!

-Josh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and does any one know where i can some slicks? i prefer locally. iam in Los Angeles area
 

·
70/30 Racing
Joined
·
11,372 Posts
danila said:
whats a best brand and size of slicks that i can use on street?? i planing to use 14" rims.
any help would work. i just lost a race to american musle due to no truction on 1st and 2nd gear
on the street? uh, there are NO DOT legal slicks that will fit your car.

DO NOT RUN slicks on the street. you will crash. they arent meant to take ANY kind of puncture. they are bias ply tires, which is SCARY for handling, braking and anything other than drag strip driving.

plus, you'll ruin them pretty fast trying to turn on them, they wont last but a couple hundred miles.

if you want good street traction with a DOT legal tire (read: wont make you crash) get some BFG G force drag radials http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+T/A+Drag+Radial probably the 205-50-14s.

street racing is bad, btw.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
HotshtSR20 said:
on the street? uh, there are NO DOT legal slicks that will fit your car.

DO NOT RUN slicks on the street. you will crash. they arent meant to take ANY kind of puncture. they are bias ply tires, which is SCARY for handling, braking and anything other than drag strip driving.

plus, you'll ruin them pretty fast trying to turn on them, they wont last but a couple hundred miles.

if you want good street traction with a DOT legal tire (read: wont make you crash) get some BFG G force drag radials http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=g-Force+T/A+Drag+Radial probably the 205-50-14s.

street racing is bad, btw.

I ran ET Drags on my Camaro on the street. Although I do agree it's not a good idea, they last pretty long, you'd be surprised. Just don't plan on doing any high speed cornering, take it easy.

I recommend Mickey Thompson ET Drags. These are DOT approved, but you will need a 15" rim for them.
 

·
70/30 Racing
Joined
·
11,372 Posts
NiceGuy said:
I ran ET Drags on my Camaro on the street. Although I do agree it's not a good idea, they last pretty long, you'd be surprised. Just don't plan on doing any high speed cornering, take it easy.

I recommend Mickey Thompson ET Drags. These are DOT approved, but you will need a 15" rim for them.
i just remember the first time on slicks at the track, i didnt want to use the full runout room (118mph trap speeds get unnerving as you just float down the road, slowing boucing up and down, sometimes the crossmember bottoms out while braking on really bumpy runouts like the track near me) so i tried to make a 90* turn while still going about 20 mph, i practically had to pull the ebrake to make it. FWD and slicks just isnt fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
Yeah, I run my ET Drags on the street on the B15 on dry weekends, it just floats on any road surface. Gotta be careful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats a good idea. i have checks at local shop and they are $295 for 2 mounted and balanced.
thats kind of alot. does any one knows if i can get 2 205/50-14 BFGoodrich g-force TA's somewhere in Los Angeles area for chipper then $300
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top