SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
silversx said:
I say loose the decals man. i wish i knew photoshop, i'd fix it right up and show you what it would look like w/out stickers.
I know its tacky, but thats my "worm on my hook".
Fools usually don't try me till they see them.
At a light side by side, they'l just glance..but as soon as they see the bait, "ITS ON!!!"
:cool:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Loe Lyf said:
No offence Smooth, but you have to lower that 4x4!:D
Its all good. No offense taken, We're all brothers here.!! ;)
Theres a reason its 4x4. I have a bad habit of running over everything in sight!!! I love flying over speed bumps and doing u-turns over medians to chase sorry ass ricers. :D :cool: :rolleyes:
Im going to leave it as is. Im just going to upgrade the struts and stuff. But keep the height.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dweed said:
HOOK ME UP WITH THAT GHETTO GOODNESS ON MY GRILL SMOOTH
Lend me your grill for a day and Ill hook it up!!!
I have plenty of Grill stuff left.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Can you actually put the trunk floor back over the battery and spare? Is the spare on its mounts or just thrown in there?

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Stine said:
Can you actually put the trunk floor back over the battery and spare? Is the spare on its mounts or just thrown in there?
Unfortunatley, I have no trunk board or rug. The leaky tailights killed them. I will be going to Home Depot to pick up some good stiff board and cutting out a floor though. I will have to put a cut-out on the board so the battery sticks out. The spare is just laying there. That tire is not moving though. Its in there real good.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NismoPC said:
Got more pics of your Accord/240ZX doohickey DIY CAI?

If so, post them!

Thanks!
I'll take some close-ups today and post them tonight. no prob!!!

·
P10 Geek
1,565 Posts
Thanks Smooth!

Hey, have you decided 'bout removing the silencer or keeping it? Looks as if it would tap against the bottom of the hood.

Atleast on the stock SR20's the silencer's are under the intake.

I capped mine off with a PVC end cap that inserts into the hole, not on top of the whole. I purchased the cap back in '94 or so when I owned my '91 NX2000 from Builder's Square (now closed). When I got my G20 in March of this year, I couldn't find the same type of cap anywhere, so i took it off of the NX and replaced the NX's with a different style cap.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Smooth -

For your trunk floor, there are other options. A friend of mine who works for a design firm got me a sheet of ABS plastic 1/4" thick. I cut it so that it barely fit between the strut towers; in other words it is a big (almost) square. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures.

The advantage mainly is that it will not rot if it gets wet, and it will not bow and fall into the spare well under weight. I've been really happy with it.

I don't know how much this stuff would cost if you had to buy it, or honestly, where to get it; I do know that they are now making PVC sheets in various thicknesses, and I was thinking about looking into that before my friend came up with the ABS.

Hope this helps...

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
Stine;

Any idea if plexi glass would work just as well? If so, I'd be interested in doing something like this, since that board that goes over my spare is all warped since it got wet. I would get a large piece of plexiglass, paint one side of it, and cut it out to fit the trunk.

Let me know if this would work just as well as the plastic you have...thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Serban -

I imagine that plex would work just fine. Just make sure that you get it thick enough that it won't bow under weight - 1/4" or 3/8" should work very well IMHO. Actually, now that I think about it the ABS I have might be 3/8" instead of quarter.

As far as cutting it to fit, DON'T try to cut out the shape of the whole trunk floor, you'll never get it through the hole. Stay between the strut towers and not only will it slip right in, you have plenty of overlap so that it won't fall in the well. My old board never got wet, my complaint was that Nissan didn't make it big enough to hold still; the floor of my trunk looked like it sloped down towards the front of the car :D I will try to post pictures of mine sometime soon so you can see what I mean as far as size.

As far as painting, plex is notorious for scratching easily. If it were me, I'd just leave it; the carpet covers it anyway...

Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts