SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
sil80
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i gotta a pretty bad power problem... that problem is i have none.
i didnt think it was that bad until a ricer prelude and civic pulled on me:tear::SHOCKED:
so i know there is a problem fml

i have a 1991 nissan 180sx with the original sr20det, the few upgrades i got are a fmic,a hks bov, a cat back 3 inch exhaust, a mbc, a oil filter relocation kit, oil cooler, narrow band a/f ( i know i need a wide band), oil pressure guage and a boost guage.

so here is whats happening... when i pull i hear the turbo spooling till it reaches 7psi except i dont feel the pull... then digging into it i found out that i couldnt pass 7psi without popping and total loss of power( boost stays at jumps from 7 to 10+ and my a/f is pinned lean). then i adjusted my cas all the way back(towards the turbo) i noticed i burn allot richer and i have allot more power and i can push up to 12 psi but i still feel slow and thats when the prelude beat me:eek2::tear:...

i have checked boost leaks and gaskets(replaced my exhaust manifold and turbo to manifold gasket.

any ideas would be great i am so dissapointed especially against the hondas so please help!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
What condition is your turbo in? When my turbo started dying in my WRX it gradually became slower and slower even though it was hitting the same amount of boost.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts