SR20 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Banned
2,886 Posts
ok, so long tubes, cam, tune, keep the stock exhaust and put a cut out in when you wanna race it. v8s with a cam are the best sounding cars imo...

although, a whipple would be nice as well :biggthump

Up until he revs it up, sounds exactly like the racecar... :D

But, I'd rather have a whipple charger on it. Waste of a comfy car to throw a big cam on it like that...

·
working on it
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
so whats the plans for mods?> long tubes, exhaust, cam, tune?? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCAOYBXtaAw

^^^drool.............
ok, so long tubes, cam, tune, keep the stock exhaust and put a cut out in when you wanna race it. v8s with a cam are the best sounding cars imo...

although, a whipple would be nice as well :biggthump
Nothing for now, at least until next year. I stopped by the Cadillac dealership a few days ago and talked with them about the warranty coverage. They confirmed what I suspected, mods would void the warranty on whatever they are connected to (axles void the diff, shifter voids the trans, etc).

The service manager was really cool though, we bs'd for about half an hour. He printed out the service history and even gave me some contacts of local guys with modded CTS-Vs. He said to shake down the car and bring it in if I find anything wrong with it.

Turns out the car has had the diff replaced twice. :rofl: The first one blew at 1500 miles and got replaced with one of the old ones, then again at 35000 and got the newer unit. It also had the radiator replaced (another common problem with the early ones), and a few other random sensors and small parts.

Waste of a comfy car to throw a big cam on it like that...
Yeah even when I do put some parts on it, it won't be anything extreme. Some 'wheel hop' axles, an aftermarket shifter, and MAYBE a set of long tubes on the stock exhaust.

I learned my lesson with the white car. I thought I could live with a loud exhaust for some extra power, but I ended up being absolutely miserable. I'm going to get started on the B12 soon, and will be my loud/fast/uncomfortable car.

And Im hoping to get up your way maybe the weekend of Fathers Day. Just not seeing any other chance to get up that way yet Dave. *** I keep hearing babbling of a summer meet down here and you better be here as usual.
Sounds good brother, I'm 99% on the mid TN meet. As long as it's on the weekend I should be good.

·
working on it
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I love it! It's exactly what I was looking for- quick, quiet, comfortable, with nice amenities. I can still blast off from a red light, but when everybody at work goes out to lunch and I drive... I don't have to explain why my car is so loud and everything rattles. :)

·
Banned
2,886 Posts
nice..im lookn to pick up an 07 soon. everyone hates gm..my brother just picked up a 2010 escallade and damn thats one fine 74k suv!

·
Weekend Warrior
4,491 Posts
I love it! It's exactly what I was looking for- quick, quiet, comfortable, with nice amenities. I can still blast off from a red light, but when everybody at work goes out to lunch and I drive... I don't have to explain why my car is so loud and everything rattles. :)
^Amen. I get tired of having to do this. I can't wait till I get my last bill paid off so I can get something that has all the features you listed. I'm still going to get my B13's, but I need something that is automatic and more adult like.

·
working on it
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
nice..im lookn to pick up an 07 soon. everyone hates gm..my brother just picked up a 2010 escallade and damn thats one fine 74k suv!
You would love it. Most of them had a 6 year/100k warranty, so you would probably have several years left on warranty.

As for the escalade, I haven't been in the newest model, but I'm sure it's pretty spectacular. The escalades always seemed to get a little bit more attention than the rest of their lineup, and now they've really stepped up their game and gotten rid of a lot of the "cheapness" in their other models. I'm sure the escalade is over the top.

^Amen. I get tired of having to do this. I can't wait till I get my last bill paid off so I can get something that has all the features you listed. I'm still going to get my B13's, but I need something that is automatic and more adult like.
Yep. When I was 18, it was awesome having a car that was loud. Now, I'd still like to have a loud toy, but I need something grown up as primary transportation.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
Nothing wrong with GM.

Hell, Ford cars aren't so bad either.

Best part is they still have the shitty-car stigma, so you get a well-engineered car for 90s GM prices... :D

·
working on it
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Yeah the reliability factor has come a long way. They still had/have a way to go on interior and materials. Like on this car, one of the common issues is the radio/nav buttons chipping. They start out with a white button, then paint everything except the part that lights up black. Well, they used cheap ass paint, and after a while it chips off. It's pretty easy to touch up with some flat black paint, but come on...

The new CTS-V is apparently the shiznit. Recaro seats, suede wheel, etc. All the auto writers have praised it as finally feeling up to par with the euro and Asian competitors. I'll post a pic later.

·
Banned
2,886 Posts
yup, its bad ass for sure. check out this hennessey car. they lauched the car so hard on star called! lol

The new CTS-V is apparently the shiznit. Recaro seats, suede wheel, etc. All the auto writers have praised it as finally feeling up to par with the euro and Asian competitors. I'll post a pic later.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
Awesome.

Sounds awesome too. I'd never want something that loud to drive around all the time, but the scream is gangster.

I still have trouble believing the HP claims (as I always do with Hennessey, et al), but that car would be fun to screw around with. I wish I could shift my SE-R like that without scattering gears everywhere... :D

·
working on it
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
yup, its bad ass for sure. check out this hennessey car. they lauched the car so hard on star called! lol
Haha, that's awesome. :biggthump

Here is the old CTS-V. Not bad, but a little plain and cheap compared to the competition:

And here is the V2: :eek2:

·
working on it
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 · (Edited)
A few updates:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I guess no car is safe from Mad Tyte JDMness. :(

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
I kinda like the black grill. And the eyebrows are not bad...sorta. Yellow fogs...i dont know, if they are really bright yellow and function sure, if they are just show meh. Roof sticker is fail.

I mean the one thing i dislike about the car is the chrome grill but its kinda trademark I guess.

·
working on it
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
The black grill is OK, it looks good on black cars (although the 'carbon fiber' vinyl on the surround is totally unacceptable). Yellow bulbs I can deal with too, but I generally frown upon spray painting the lens yellow. His are far from functional anyway. He did the custom clear corners, where you bake off the covers and replace them with plexiglass. You lose the refracted lens, so your fogs become glaring pencil beams (but don't worry, you still look super awesome). As for the eyebrows... c'mon Kevin. :(

I won't even discuss covering the roof, gas door, and side markers with carbon fauxber. ;)

I like the stock chrome grill, but I guess it is a little flashy for some. Here's a nice black one. I like how he left the trim:

Here's a nice all blacked out one (that one has an aftermarket hood too):

41 - 60 of 80 Posts