SR20 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
working on it
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Yeah, I really like that one.

They seriously should make a retro-modern Grand National/GNX.

·
Banned
2,886 Posts
my brother still kicks himself for selling his GN, but hey, bought the car used, drove it for like 5 years, and sold it for more than what he paid. the gn/gnx were so bad ass back in the 80s..

They seriously should make a retro-modern Grand National/GNX.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
Yep. I liked the one that had twins with the exhaust exiting the fenders. That was a YouTube classic...

·
working on it
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Kevin sent me a link the other day of Jay Leno showing off his Hennessey, so I thought I'd bump this up with an update. 2+ years and I still [email protected] love it. One of the best decisions I've made. I'll keep it for a couple of more years and I'm 99% sure I'll be upgrading to the second generation. They have been out now since 09, and I've hardly heard a negative word spoken about them.

It's still mostly stock, but I upgraded to the fourth generation differential (bitched about the old one until they replaced it under warranty), added a set of derlin cradle bushings, aftermarket motor mounts, and a short shifter. I also have a pair of fancy race axles sitting in the garage (for about a year now) waiting for me to get off my ass.

It's getting cool out now. With most cars I've owned, it feels a little peppier when the temps drop, but the difference with this car is almost frightening. It loves some cool fall air! :)

It only gets about 15 mpg around town, but it does great on road trips. I got 27 mpg on my trip to Virginia a few weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Do you have to wear plaid pants, halfway up to your nipples when you drive it though? Do you eat dinner at 4pm?

·
Weekend Warrior
4,491 Posts
Lol @ Eric.

·
working on it
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Seriously though, its the opposite. A couple of years ago, it was mostly older (not old, but not kids) guys on the ctsv forums. Now they are going downhill... fast. The cars are getting pretty cheap now, so the demographic is shifting to younger and younger. Halo projectors are all the rage right now. :(

No doubt. I'm still driving around in a car with a picnic table on the trunk.
Not sure I follow... the wing?

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
I think that's the norm with all "performance" cars. The cars get older, cheaper and the kids starting scooping them up and there goes the neighborhood. There's a local guy with a black 1st gen that put a supercharger on his, not sure what brand, and it's supposed to be pretty quick. I can see those as being a good car to have, that is quick, but doesn't draw attention to itself be either the wrong people or the police.

Do you still have the B14 and the B12?

·
working on it
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
I think I've seen that black one on ls1tech. Was it for sale a while back?

I've been using the white b14 a lot as my winter warrior. I de-boosted it for a little while, thinking I would sell off all the turbo stuff, but the parts have lost so much value, there's no point in dealing with it. I picked up a 2.25" downpipe and I'm going to re-boost it with that (no boost controller) and the greddy exhaust with an Sri muffler. Should be perfect!

Still have the b12 too. I've got a bunch of big parts and big plans, but it has only traveled about 200 miles the entire time I've owned it, lol. One of these days I'll get around to it. :)

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
You are starting to sound like Calum in terms of owning cars and never touching them ;) Must be a Knoxville thing.

I still think those cts-v's are the car for the 35-50 year olds wanting something with some balls but want to be able to take the coworkers to lunch in luxury. :D

·
working on it
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
You are starting to sound like Calum in terms of owning cars and never touching them ;) Must be a Knoxville thing.
I said I haven't driven the car much. I didn't say anything about touching. There's all kinds of touching going on... disturbing, inappropriate touching.

I still think those cts-v's are the car for the 35-50 year olds wanting something with some balls but want to be able to take the coworkers to lunch in luxury. :D
They were, but now that's shifted more to the v2s (2009+). Seems like most of the new v1 owners popping up are in the 18-25 crowd. Cut springs, halo headlights, and plastidipping everything in sight. :(

·
ClamSlut
5,043 Posts
Thread jack on owning more vehicles, I'm sorta on the hunt for a beater pick-up and don't want the rusty junk up here. If you guys run across something let me know. :)

...or we may just splurge and buy a used extended cab Titan, they haven't been holding their value at all it seems.

·
working on it
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
A beater (or nice) truck is a great thing to have around. My buddy grant just sold his old ranger for $1200. I would have bought it in a heartbeat if I didn't already have two cars at my house and two cars at my parents house. :)

61 - 80 of 80 Posts