SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
VVL - Very Very Loud™
11,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so a few weeks ago i take out the mats to clean them, and the passanger one is dripping with water, and the floor was wet.
i vacuum them, and try to suck up the water, put them back in, and a a few days later...wet again!!
this time i leave the floor mat out and wait for the carpet to dry, put the floor mat on, and again, in a few days, its wet again.
where the hell is this water coming from? is anyone else having similar problems?

------------------
Serban Gavrilescu
91 Black Metallic SE-R
http://www.geocities.com/serban91r
img]http://www.infopop.com/artwork/footer_logotype.gif[/img]

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
Serban, have you ever put a shifter or such in your car? Back when I had my black '91 after I put a Short shifter I would get water in the car (after it rained) because the seal got messed up. If it's just on the passenger side my process would be as follows: Check A/C drain,Check for heater core leakage,check pass door seal,check pass side windshield seal,sunroof usually leaks on your head. If all else fails remove your carpet entirely for a few days, maybe you can trace the leak that way since you should be able to see it coming in!!!

·
0 Posts
If you have a sunroof check the water outlet hoses. My 91 CRX had that same problem and it was a deteriorated sunroof hose. Just get a cup of water and pour it in your sunroof holes. In the "Rex" the water was suppose to come out behind the rear tire and it didnt. So I pulled out the hose and "TADA"!!, a busted hose.
Goodluck.

G

·
0 Posts
Look under the dash at the heater box, where the evaporator for the ac is housed. The evaporator gets a lot of condensation on it. Then it drips to the bottom of the heater box and goes out through the drain through th fire wall. I work for Volvo and these boxes do sometimes crack. Take a flashlight and while the car is running with the ac on look at the box and see where the water is coming from. Hope that will help.

G

·
0 Posts
I have the same prob. Don't know what causes it but I have rubber floor mats that catch the water.

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fast91SER:
i will try all the suggestions you guys gave me, see if any of that works...i will keep everyone posted.

</font>
Hey guys, the problem is that the evaporator tube has dropped off your car. There is a rubber tube on the passengers side firewall. It comes out of the heaterbox. I guarentee you it is gone. That is why you have water on the floor. When the A/C is on the condensation is driping back thru the firewall into the car. It is supposed to drip onto the ground. Check back and let me know what you see. BTW, the tube is supposed to be facing down right above the steeringrack and back of the r/s control arm.

·
VVL - Very Very Loud™
11,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATE!

ok, first off, that tube has been gone for about 3 years now, and the water from the ac, still drips on the ground outside, i made sure of that.
second, i took out the floormat, and the rubber part of it was dripping with water. the floor was a little wet, but not soaked.
I let the car stand all day with no floormat, and everything is dry...i guarantee that if i put the floormat back on, by tomorrow it will be wet again. I will try it, and again, let everyone know.

------------------
Serban Gavrilescu
91 Black Metallic SE-R

·
0 Posts
Hmmmmmm, damn it. What could it be?
You dont let your dog sleep in there do you?
Do you have a/c at all?

·
VVL - Very Very Loud™
11,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont have a dog, and i do have AC, and the water is not coming from near the firewall, its right near the seat...its almost like the floormat is sweating...damn florida sun.

Serban

·
0 Posts
Sh*t, my SE-R bakes outside everyday.
24/7!!
At work and home!! but no perspiration here.
Have I mentioned these cars are possesed!!

·
0 Posts
where the hell is Tamarac!
Im coming over and we're stripping that baby down!!!

·
_______
2,170 Posts
My car bakes outside too (at least, until I get the garage built). However, I put it under a thick car cover, to keep the sun off.

I highly recommend it, unless you're using the car as a daily driver.

·
VVL - Very Very Loud™
11,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nick, the problem isnt from the heater core or ac, it is wet right under the floormat near the seat, over by the firewall, it is dry.

well, now for an update, the carpet was dry after i took out the floormat, i put it back in, and so far, its not wet. i will check again tomorrow and see whats goin on with it.

------------------
Serban Gavrilescu
91 Black Metallic SE-R

1 - 20 of 23 Posts