SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
TeSeR36
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as some people might know i bought a motor from SOKO in IL back in early Feb...My rod blew in my 94 lowport so i bought a JDM highport planning to put it in...One of my friends (ser_rich) from Chicago gave me a nice offer on a GTi-R motor so i took that and planned on returning the motor i got from soko back....I called them ahead of time to see what the terms are on returning it. They have a 15% return policy on the purchased motor. I said fine that is cool. My friend and I drove over there with the motor and they said that they wouldn't take it back. It just so happen that when I purchased the motor, the VIN Number on the block didn't match the same number on my papers. I asked them to double check there records and they said they never had that motor nor never had this problem. Now, I understand how some people may think that it appears that it could have not been there motor. I mean if the numbers do not match then how could it be? However I bought it from them and only myself and 2 of my friends can vouch for that. And that really sucks. So basically what happened was they sold me a motor with the wrong VIN number on the motor or the wrong VIN on the papers. Im a young guy and I have been ripped off a good amount of times and i've have learned to deal with things. However i never thought i would get ripped off a company that gets a lot of good reviews from others. I am very dissapointed due to the fact that THEY messed up the paper work and also the attitude they gave me and my friend. I even showed them pictures of the motor the day i got it and even gave them a name on who towed it to me. And all he did was accuse me of switching the motors around either with my old one or with another motor I bought from somewhere else. I can assure everyone here that I did buy the motor from soko. And it's ashame that I am now stuck with a motor that I have no use of. I hope this gives some people some thought the next time or first time they buy from soko. Thank You. -Mike

: Also for those out there whom bought a sr20de from SOKO , can you check your VIN and see if it matches this number - 173394A. Also if you still have the papers and check that to that would be great. Thanks again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts