SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to go ahead and mount my manifold and turbo to the engine to check fitment before I got all of my other parts in. I'm running the AD Fabrication log manifold and a T4 60-1. Here's the problems I've run into:

1. The compressor is so large that my hood won't shut now. It is apparent that my compressor sits higher up than the valve cover does compared to the radiator support.

2. The compressor is hitting my head, and when bolted up will also hit the oil seperator bracket and the metal "hose" for the oil seperator also. I can bend that no problem, but the bracket itself being welded onto the head won't be soo easy.

Pics:

Our solution: sandwitch a T3 flange between the turbo and the manifold in hopes that it will raise the turbo some. Problem with that is, that my hood closing problems will be even worse at this point. I can come back to this later I suppose.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
i have never mounted one of those turbos before, but try to flip your top radiator brackets so the rad sits in the core support, then try to clock your turbo so the the smaller side of the snail is up, and back. good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts