7,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
91mm Tomei Crank $2000
92mm Jun crank $3000
94.4mm JWT Crank around $2800
Forged pistons anysize about $700
Forged Rod $600
Sleeving Block $1100
1 inch deck plate and sleeved block $1800.

Here are all the options.

----Piston Bore------Crank stroke------Engine Size

------87mm------------91mm------------2.162
------90mm------------91mm------------2.297
------91mm------------91mm------------2.342
------91mm------------92mm------------2.368
------91mm------------94.4mm----------2.420

All these figure are dead on or very close. I did them while driving around on the street as I was bored.

Please note that pin height on piston has to be moved up or a shorter rod has to be made in all these aplications.

Here is how you figure rod lenght diffrence. New tomei crank 91mm - 86mm stock crank = 5 mm diffrence. 5mm divided by 2 = 2.5mm. You will either move the pin height up 2.5mm or get a 2.5mm shorter rod. My sujestion is to move the pin height to keep cost down as any of these NA buildups will do fine on stock rods.

Tomei crank will be 2.5mm higher piston pin
Jun crank will be 3mm higher piston pin
JWt crank will be 4.2mm higher piston pin.

·
Registered
211 Posts
thanks for info dre. i hope one of us will have a engine ready to dyno this year. (tomei 91 crank ,90mm darton ,ross f/top pistons,crowler billit rods)

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
madddjack said:
thanks for info dre. i hope one of us will have a engine ready to dyno this year. (tomei 91 crank ,90mm darton ,ross f/top pistons,crowler billit rods)
If you have not sleeved the block yet, we can get the bore size 100% safe to 91mm. 91mm pistons and 91mm crank would be a 2.35L SR20VE.

A 91mm piston using the same dish volume as a stock 86mm DET piston with VE valve notches will be about 11-1 compression with the Tomei crank.

A 91mm piston using the same dish volume as a stock US 86mm DE piston with VE valve notches will be about 12-1 compression.

If you have a SR16VE psiton send it as a reference for the valve notches and ask them to make the valve notches 2mm deaper. This will help when it comes time to tightening the lobes centers with cam sprockets. Will have less of a chance of the valve touching the piston.

Also send a DET piston as a reference for the oil squirters becaus the SR16VE piston does not have notches for oil squirters as the crank has a 17mm shorter throw so it does not pull the piston down far enought to interfer with the oil squirters. Please note that the notch for the VE with Tomei crank will need to be 5mm higher to keep the same clearance because the crank has a 5mm longer throw. This happens because you have to move the pin up 2.5 mm to acomodate a stock 2.0L DE or VE rod, so that the piston does not pass the deck you have now lowered the piston skirt 2.5mm and you will also have to make up for the 2.5 mm of xtra throw when the piston is at BDC. That gives you a total of 5mm which is 91mm Tomei - 86 stock crank.

SR20VE combustion chamber volume is 41.8 cc
SR20DE combustion chamber volume is 46.1 cc

I am almost 100% sure that these figures are correct. If any one tries to do the math please do not forget to add in the headgasket volume.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Andreas Miko said:
91mm Tomei Crank $2000
92mm Jun crank $3000
94.4mm JWT Crank around $2800
Forged pistons anysize about $700
Forged Rod $600
Sleeving Block $1100
1 inch deck plate and sleeved block $1600.

Here are all the options.

----Piston Bore------Crank stroke------Engine Size

------87mm------------91mm------------2.162
------90mm------------91mm------------2.297
------91mm------------91mm------------2.342
------91mm------------92mm------------2.368
------91mm------------94.4mm----------2.420

All these figure are dead on or very close. I did them while driving around on the street as I was bored.

Do you want a copy of an excell program I have? It easily calculates displacement and compression ratio. You just plug in the numbers.

I can e-mail it to you. Steve Mitchell wrote it.

Mike

·
Registered
120 Posts
andreas,

A. - very nice work, as per usual.

B.- "I did them while driving around on the street as I was bored."

you might want to try picking your nose. that's always a wonderful distraction. especially when others catch ya!

jim

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bigtom said:
you need special head bolts or studs, and a custom chain tensioner guide, and longer chain.

i got some of those nitto neo gens they work good
Nitto neo gens what are those? Are they some new tires or what explain.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
man dre is full of knowledge!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts