SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I threw together some pics of a motor swap I am doing in my garage. I figured you car geeks would like to check them out :)

http://public.clunet.edu/~forozco/ser/motorswap/swap.html

I am happy with the way the swap has gone so far, albeit a bit slower than I would have liked, due a SLOW ceramic coater and only being able to wrench a few hours at a time on weekends.

I was finally MINUTES from starting the car yesterday, when a coolant leak revealed itself. I thought the coolant lines from above the air regulator went directly to the throttle body, so I just re-routed them to the turbo. DOH!! I couldn't see that one of the lines T-ed in to the water hard pipe, so I'll have to fix that mess this coming weekend.

I would like to re-do all of the fuel lines in steel braided, just because it looks so damn sweet, but this will do for now.

Let me know what you guys think, thanks!

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
danila said:
looks nice
where did you get front mount kit and how much???????
Thanks!

It's just the plain old generic Spearco Front mount everybody has.

I was able to use the F-MAX piping by just fabbing up one pipe (passenger side connecting to the intercooler).

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Looking good man, Looks a whole lot like how mine started out.

Brent

·
Registered
724 Posts
Very nice project!
Is the pcv system still hooked into the intake, while you have a small filter on the valve cover end- wouldn't that be like a vacuum leak? Or am I missing something?

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Projnx2000 said:
Very nice project!
Is the pcv system still hooked into the intake, while you have a small filter on the valve cover end- wouldn't that be like a vacuum leak? Or am I missing something?
I have a Greddy polished catch can sitting in my garage, but I am not going to install it until the car is out of the garage. Running with a small filter like this is not optimal, but it will get me to Innovative Turbo Systems once the car is started (less than two miles).

It is going directly over there to get a new downpipe with V-Band and divorced wastegate setup. They are also going to redo my intercooler pipe, which I had to hack to fit with the high port (switched from the the F-MAX low port pipe). Once this stuff is done, I'll switch to the purty catch can :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Clean. You should have LOTS of fun with that setup. I was wondering about the crankcase vent too. With all those mods, you may as well go for an engine management system and squeeze even more power out...down the road of course.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
This guy.......

Frank car is looking good man. Can't wait to see it at the convention :D

·
Jesus shaved
443 Posts
Man, that car is going to be pants wetting fast...looks great man!

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
coach said:
3/8" NPT to -6AN adapter.

Brent
^^ Brent knows his stuff, he is correct. And yes, its a 90 degree fitting.

I am using the Aeroquip "Socketless", which means you dont have to use any hose clamps because of the design of their pushlock connectors.

It is pretty nice stuff, but I would rather use steel braided line. I just feel so ricy running fuel steel braided line unless I am going to run it all the way to the tank. I need to look in to some -6 to hose barb connectors so I can use some steel braided line with the stock fuel hard lines.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Yeah, I did that myself. I used barb to -6 adapters on my stock fuel lines. Really easy to work with.

brent

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
Very nice setup! Wish that was my engine bay....

-Josh

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
sweet ride.... clean and fast as hell i bet. ^^^ thats a big ass turbo

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts

what a bunch of queers, ****.

so, frank, when you going to start this beast? you gonna make it in time for the convetion? we gotta race man.

·
rollin 4 deep with JoeD
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I fixed the coolant hose problem last night, so now I am just waiting for a Throttle Body Gasket from G Vogel. Should be here by Friday!

Oh about racing at the convention, do you want me to turn on my hazards when I first pass you, or once I pull a few cars?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts