SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo I own a 93 se-r and its more or less stock i put on a short ram intake and a 2 inch catback system.. i was wondering if my car can take and integra GS-r reason being since i've gotten the car i've been more and more suprised with what it can do.

also my clutch is well on its way to the grave and i was wondering which clutches i should look at. if someone could tell me what type of clutch they
have and give me some prices it would be much appreciated. thanks

oh and one more thing if i could also get some info on headers that would be great...

·
Registered
89 Posts
You should be close to the GSR,in fact I think you"ll be a little faster.I had only an intake and exhaust rear section on my 93 and beat an Integra GSR with AEM cai,Apex N1 cat-back and DC Sports header.Advance your timing to 17 degrees,make throttle body coolant bypass,easy and cheap horsepower.

Nissan Key Value clutches from the dealer are only a $100.If you plan on adding more mods and driving hard get a performance clutch kit,check in group buy section.

SSAutochrome and Pacesetter have good headers for under $175,Stillen and Hotshot headers are close to $400 but may be worth a few more horses,again check group buys.

·
sellout
1,000 Posts
GSR have more top end and with the right driver will pull away. I vote for ACT HD clutch or clutchnet for a good street setup.

·
sr20 addict
1,133 Posts
not trying too steal the tread but what is a throttle body coolant bypass????

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
I heard that if you bypass the coolant lines for the TB it affects how it maintains its cleanliness. Something saying that tar and **** attach to the plate and lining of the TB. i dunno i saw an article on SE-R.net they explain it better.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Oh yea and i think the GSR will take you. I raced a friends GSR the other day, well not sure if it was or not but i noticed a cam change and engine rev so i assume it was VTEC. He litterally made crap out of my SE-R. When i caught up to him i saw his front bumper....big ass intercooler. he had to be turbo, no way a NA 'teg would pull that hard. oh well gotta save for the T28 now:D

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts

·
Tired Greasemonkey
1,384 Posts
V-SPEC said:
You should be close to the GSR,in fact I think you"ll be a little faster.I had only an intake and exhaust rear section on my 93 and beat an Integra GSR with AEM cai,Apex N1 cat-back and DC Sports header.Advance your timing to 17 degrees,make throttle body coolant bypass,easy and cheap horsepower.

Nissan Key Value clutches from the dealer are only a $100.If you plan on adding more mods and driving hard get a performance clutch kit,check in group buy section.

SSAutochrome and Pacesetter have good headers for under $175,Stillen and Hotshot headers are close to $400 but may be worth a few more horses,again check group buys.
i would never bypass an area where coolant is supposed to go, it may get you a couple horsies but would it be worth it when you have to replace it when it warps. :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts