SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Ben guy said on the S-ER Mailing List that this was an all right place to ask qwestions "until I was blue in the face."

I have a S-ER, and I want to know:

1. Who sells SR20DE superchargers?
2. Synthetic or dyno oil?
3. What tires should I buy?
4. Do 200XS S-ER wheels fit my Sentra?
5. I hear a guy put a SR20VE in his NX200. I only have $500 to spend on mods. Can I put one in my S-ER for taht much?

and of course...

6. How do I tell if I have a revised chain tensioner?

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
I was waiting for these...

Answers:

1. Nobody
2. Synthetic
3. Rubber ones, preferably round
4. yup
5. nope
6. compress the tensioner and hook the hook so it stays compressed. Stick it back in the hole in the head where it goes. Without screwing it in place, take a screwdriver inside the timing chain area and pop the hook off whist holded the tensioner in place with one finger. Repeat with other tensioner, holding it with a different finger. The more heavily damaged finger would be the one that was holding the newer tensioner.

(skipping) happy happy happy happy happy happy happy....

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
Registered
596 Posts
but superchargers rule...why doesn't somebody get off their butts and get one made for us sr20 owners? why does everybody go turbo instead? i'm all about having other people do the work while i just sit back and talk.

also, i think that spiralmax thing really works...has anybody tried it out?

why aren't there streetraces at the national convention? since we got all the best sr20's there, we should show them off, right?

what tires do you suggest again? i skipped over the previous post because i didn't want to wade through all the many posts here.

thanks,
tommy

by the way, i can beat any production car with my stock se-r in any contest of speed.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Hmmm actualy the E-Max electral supercharger rules dude!!!!

And those fat red plug wires...damn kick in the ass from putting them on must be 10 horses.

I also need to know which is better generals or roadmaster tires?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Ben, I guess that means that yours is the new tensioner. When putting the intake cam in, it popped out and caught my finger.

G

·
0 Posts
I don't know, but I think Honduh and Farvernugen owners must get at least 15-20 hp from the Neuspeed stickers alone!! I've also heard that if you switch the little wiring thingy's on that Vornado 12V supercharger, you get like another 15 hp out of it!!!

G

·
0 Posts
My favorite sticker mod is the fat band across the windshield. No added hp, but a major reduction in the drag coefficient.

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tommy:
but superchargers rule...why doesn't somebody get off their butts and get one made for us sr20 owners? why does everybody go turbo instead? i'm all about having other people do the work while i just sit back and talk.

by the way, i can beat any production car with my stock se-r in any contest of speed.
</font>
1. Nobody gets off their butts to Sc our cars due to the fact that our car is turbo in Japan. Another reason is cuz you can get a DET for 1500 bucks. cant get a SC for that much.

2. hah, thats funny.

3. A friend of mine called Jackson racing and talked to Mr. Oscar Jackson himself about getting a SC made for his car, a 99 Legacy GT. Jackson told him, they cant just mnake one, they have to make a "batch" then do the tuning on them. He said for $100,000 in advance, he would develop 100 SC's for the 2.5 GT. No lie. So you could prolly have a SC made if you want one that bad. Just get like 30 friends together, all to donate towards the fee!!

------------------
Ryan Walsh...1st 97 owner ever to succesfully mount a 98SE exhaust to a 97SER!
relaxing after a quiet ride home from SF2K1. first day without an exhaust in a long time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts